Florida School Shooting

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something is going. To happen out of this. Just like everything else a few ruin it for many. I don't think the teachers should be armed. Sht in my own school we had teachers get wrestled to the ground back in my day. They would of been packing the gun would of came out and who knows who would of been shot. They are trained to teach. The guns need to be stopped at the front doors I guess if it takes airport like security then let it be. I think that type of security could be more automated and quicker

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the government wants to improve background checks they should let Google & Apple handle it them fuckers are tracking our every move now and selling the info.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

Redneck1

We need armed guards at the schools, armed guards at the malls, & armed guards at the churches the reverend should be packing, shit might as well include all sporting events, restraunts, & concerts of course. Close one door another one opens.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets take a look at some facts according to the Washington post. (Note both articles and links are from the same source)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/…/mass-shootings-in-america/…

In this first link It states the following.

Quote"Shootings in schools and houses of worship tend to stick in our minds, but they make up a relatively small portion of mass shootings. More common are those in offices and retail establishments such as restaurants and stores.
California has had more mass shootings than any other state, with 23." end quote

Okay 23 "mass shootings" that's quite a few. Someone should do something to stop that......maybe pass more gun laws and become the nations strictest gun law state or something.

Um wait a minute.........
.California HAS the nations strictest gun laws............

https://www.washingtonpost.com/…/california-has-the-natio…/…

If you're a gun owner in California, you must:

Pass a universal background check, no matter where you buy your gun
Wait at least 10 days to receive that gun (the idea here is to give law enforcement enough time to conduct the background check)
Get your handgun microstamped, which means the make, model and serial number of the gun is transferred to each cartridge case every time the gun is fired (the idea is to allow police at a crime scene to trace a gun back to its owner)
Take and pass a written safety test
You can't:

Own most assault weapons or buy and sell large-capacity ammunition magazines or .50 caliber rifles
Buy your gun through a private sale, like online or via a friend, without first going through a licensed dealer (and thus getting a background check)
Buy more than one handgun a month

Um ......then according to those claiming stricter gun laws will reduce mass shootings and gun violence....why is California topping the list in numbers of mass shootings?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i can not buy a gun if I have a med mj card, why can I buy one if I am on psychotropic drugs and heavy painkillers like xanex, Zoloft, Prozac, percs, oxys, etc...? Any positions on adding those to a similar list?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
image[1].jpg

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something is going. To happen out of this. Just like everything else a few ruin it for many. I don't think the teachers should be armed. Sht in my own school we had teachers get wrestled to the ground back in my day. They would of been packing the gun would of came out and who knows who would of been shot. They are trained to teach. The guns need to be stopped at the front doors I guess if it takes airport like security then let it be. I think that type of security could be more automated and quicker

Apparently having an armed Deputy Sheriff at this school didn't help.
https://www.wptv.com/news/national/...ol-where-17-were-killed-never-went-in-resigns

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i can not buy a gun if I have a med mj card, why can I buy one if I am on psychotropic drugs and heavy painkillers like xanex, Zoloft, Prozac, percs, oxys, etc...? Any positions on adding those to a similar list?

you may not be able to. I went to the doc yesterday and one of the questions I was ask if I have feel depressed

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
JMO but I think that the PUBLICITY of school shootings causes more school shootings. Guns are not causing this, its just a tool.

Odin

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Scheels card is controlled by the bank of Omaha who came out against the NRA today. I will be calling the Scheels Home office tomorrow. We will see if I keep my scheels card and spend money at Scheels.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Scheels card is controlled by the bank of Omaha who came out against the NRA today. I will be calling the Scheels Home office tomorrow. We will see if I keep my scheels card and spend money at Scheels.

The bank of Omaha will not renew its NRA branded Visa card contract. I'd be interested to see if scheels stays with the bank of Omaha.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57