Fox and NBC- Peacock

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anybody else tired of Fox wanting your email address to read articles and NBC Peacock wanting you to get you to sign up and pay to watch the game Sunday night what a fricken joke .
Six bucks to watch the game. I suppose if you pay for one month and then cancel. I will pass on that. I’m afraid that down the road there will be more of this. It’s all about money.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope no one buys this. People need to speak with their wallet. You know they'll still have commercials.

camper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watched the Twins on Bally Sports this past summer but it sounds like they are going bankrupt and will be going away. It won’t be long and all major sports will be pay for view only. I won’t be participating in that.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Definitely gearing up to make the Superbowl PPV. Just seeing how many suckers bite and how quickly they can do it.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Commissioner Goodell sold out the Thursday Night Football to Bezos on Amazon Prime for 10 years. I think this past year was #2 of the 10 years. I hope the NFL and these professional sports lose their a$$ on this. These athletes are being paid way too much. Then to screw things up even more, college athletes now can make some serious bang. It's no longer the love of the game...now it's give me your money to watch me have fun.

https://www.firstpointusa.com/blog/2023/02/nilstop-10-most-valuable-athletes-for-2023

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will not be paying to watch as well. I already had an Amazon account so that wasn't a big deal to me. However, I will end it there. I will not have 5 different subscriptions to watch sports. I hope a lot of people get on board and boycott this stuff but it probably won't happen. The world is full of people that are so obsessed with sports that they will pay. So will all the restaurants and bars that play games on their 50 tv's.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up Peacock a while back for half price for the year which ends up being $2.50 a month. I think my total bill for Internet, Hulu-Disney-ESPN+, Peacock is now right around $90 per month. Before I cut the cord I was up to $140 for just Midco basic HD TV, no internet or anything.

They are going to get you either way, but I have found cutting the cord to be cheaper and give you more options. There are a lot of good deals around black friday for streaming services for the year, many can be found for half price.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
We cut the cord as well. Midco was almost 180 for basic cable and internet. Now I pay 80 for internet alone. There is enough crap on local broadcasts, youtube (limitless content), and amazon prime we had anyway. Thats enough for our family to occupy any down time that we should be outside anyway.

Speaking of prime, what a sham. Bait and switch with two day shipping that doesnt exist anymore.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a site that I can watch every sports games televised around the world. And it's completely legal because just like recording live shows onto a dvr these sites uploads shows that have already been aired or televise at a delayed time and the best part absolutely no commercials except for games. With the option of using smart view, that let's me mirror my phone to my TV, I can watch all my favorite shows and every nfl game for free. There is only a few good shows left on TV, yes there is all kinds of shows you can watch but I won't watch just anything.

Last edited:

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hope no one buys this. People need to speak with their wallet. You know they'll still have commercials.

I have seriously gotten to the point that I can't stand watching live TV at this point because of all the damn commercials. If I don't record it for later viewing, I probably won't watch it, or more like I won't finish watching it as I get bored and move on. I even record live sports and go do something for the first hour so I can fast forward through all the commercials and knockout an hour of recorded TV in about 40-42 minutes nowadays.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have seriously gotten to the point that I can't stand watching live TV at this point because of all the damn commercials. If I don't record it for later viewing, I probably won't watch it, or more like I won't finish watching it as I get bored and move on. I even record live sports and go do something for the first hour so I can fast forward through all the commercials and knockout an hour of recorded TV in about 40-42 minutes nowadays.
But with live streaming sports, how do you FFWD commercials?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
But with live streaming sports, how do you FFWD commercials?

Are you talking about watching a football game on Amazon Prime? If so, I just wait an hour, or so, after it starts and then start watching. It gives me the opportunity to start from the beginning, which then allows me to FFWD through the commercials. I think I have only done it once, but that's kind of how I remember it.

Most of the time I am watching stuff off of MidCo cable though and FFWD works normal, but maybe not on the streaming items. I usually don't include streaming as an option though when I setup to record a series or game, but that may explain why I occasionally run into a show that FFWD doesn't work.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84