Fox and NBC- Peacock

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya I suppose that would work. I like channel surfing while watching games though so I still hate streaming. Everyone should boycott the streaming games!!
Completely agree. I watch one Thursday night game, because my team was playing, however that is exactly how they get you, and force the fans to do the dirty deed.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not very good with the tech-media stuff. So what is best, cheaper out there and why? I do like to watch sports but I like other channels too like discovery, history etc. I don't really understand Hulu or youtube tv etc? How do they compare/contrast basic cable?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not very good with the tech-media stuff. So what is best, cheaper out there and why? I do like to watch sports but I like other channels too like discovery, history etc. I don't really understand Hulu or youtube tv etc? How do they compare/contrast basic cable?
I like youtube tv it is easy to use my wifes parents figured it out. It has all those channels you listed and was about half of what our dish was. You pretty much sign up open the app on your tv and it walks you through it all. I like that i have all the local channels also

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I mute every commercial, every time, if I have to watch the news or other standard TV

When company came over during the holidays and they watched the commercials at high volume I found that drinking was the only thing that helped. But not very much.

The urge to strangle relatives doesn't pair well with the holiday festivities. 🙏 🙄

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would never happen but "everyone" should boycott the streamed football once. Would certainly be an eye opener.

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
I have a site that I can watch every sports games televised around the world. And it's completely legal because just like recording live shows onto a dvr these sites uploads shows that have already been aired or televise at a delayed time and the best part absolutely no commercials except for games. With the option of using smart view, that let's me mirror my phone to my TV, I can watch all my favorite shows and every nfl game for free. There is only a few good shows left on TV, yes there is all kinds of shows you can watch but I won't watch just anything.
I can do exactly the same thing. It is awesome getting it for free!

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i'd be very surprised if it is technically legal. copyright is copyright. and infringement is infringement. unless the website is paying fees to the entity owning the rights, its likely infringement. but, like a lot of these things over the years, there is probably very little risk until you start distributing it yourself. remember the federal prosecutions over some of the sites like napster and the like in the early 2000s maybe. there were some users that got slapped with hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines if i recall and they held up under appeal. but, in that situation, users were also distributing as that is how the platforms worked. once you had downloaded to your computer, the site also pulled the download from you to distribute to others. so, apples to oranges. but, again.... i would be surprised if these websites are legal

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive watched supercross on utube that somebody in the crowd filmed it wasn't that bad. Dont watch ball sports havent in 20 years

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member

23 million, on average, made Dolphins-Chiefs the most streamed event in U.S. history​

Good luck getting enough people to boycot live streamed NFL games that it hurts the NFL

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Peocock is not fubo or youtube tv its one channel part of nbc thats what bothered me. But in good ole american stupidity the sheep followed and paid for it. Nothing wtong with streaming services that show many channels i wont pay per view or pay for one channel.

Then nbc bragged it up

I rarely watch tv except I watch a lot of you tube fishing channels

Live ndsu fb

College streams espn comes with my phone. If it didnt i wouldnt pay 4 it

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a peacock membership so we watched that one. Never have had prime so never watched any Thursday games. The numbers proved their experiment worked though so I guess we can get used to it. If you want to watch it do if not don’t, but I think we can agree this will continue and we’re probably not far removed from a streamed super bowl and people will watch

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree twitch 23 million isn't anything to sneeze about especially a non superbowl game, there is a reason the nfl is the most popular sport in the country.

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had a peacock membership so we watched that one. Never have had prime so never watched any Thursday games. The numbers proved their experiment worked though so I guess we can get used to it. If you want to watch it do if not don’t, but I think we can agree this will continue and we’re probably not far removed from a streamed super bowl and people will watch
They will just stream to any station that gives them a deal. That is where i am done. "the you can cancel -- that is always a bitch too as you have to jump hoops to do so" Nfl ticket does not do playoffs. " i was able to watch the prime games. But how many steams is one willing to pay for.

again i will turn over to youtube and search Jacob Wheeler and Connell-- watch shows all afternoon while working and have a smile on my face vs. Mahoommeeeyy smile just saying to me short you paid for this ha ha. Overpaid cry babies

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
They will just stream to any station that gives them a deal. That is where i am done. "the you can cancel -- that is always a bitch too as you have to jump hoops to do so" Nfl ticket does not do playoffs. " i was able to watch the prime games. But how many steams is one willing to pay for.

again i will turn over to youtube and search Jacob Wheeler and Connell-- watch shows all afternoon while working and have a smile on my face vs. Mahoommeeeyy smile just saying to me short you paid for this ha ha. Overpaid cry babies
I’m not saying I agree with what they’re doing or saying I’ll pay for every streaming service they put games on. See my post I don’t have prime. I’m just saying everyone always says they are never watching again and then the NFL breaks records and people watch. People are never going to stop watching en masse and “teach those bastages a lesson.”

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree twitch 23 million isn't anything to sneeze about especially a non superbowl game, there is a reason the nfl is the most popular sport in the country.

both Lions/Rams & Packers/Cowboys had around 40 million viewers each

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88