Fox and NBC- Peacock

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Peocock is not fubo or youtube tv its one channel part of nbc thats what bothered me. But in good ole american stupidity the sheep followed and paid for it. Nothing wtong with streaming services that show many channels i wont pay per view or pay for one channel.

Then nbc bragged it up

I rarely watch tv except I watch a lot of you tube fishing channels

Live ndsu fb

College streams espn comes with my phone. If it didnt i wouldnt pay 4 it
Peacock is definitely not just "one channel" its essentially NBC's entire catalogue including live sports and some exclusive series like a new TED series I may have to watch. Saturday night had both the NFL game and supercross live. I watched the football game live and then watched supercross Sunday morning so I could fast forward through all the breaks. Big 10 Basketball is also on peacock. Needless to say, ill get my $30 worth of tv for the next year and not feel bad about it :)

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I agree with most and I didn't pay for Peacock and didn't miss the game nor did I watch. I did see where it was a replay the next day. The one disagreement I do have is blaming the players with high salaries. Are they overpaid? Debatable. You're worth whatever anyone is willing to pay you. Blame the owners and the operations of each sport. If the media isn't willing to pay the NFL or NBA, MLB, you name it. There wouldn't be the money to pay the athlete. Add in the cost of attending games and wonder how the average family affords to attend. Where will it end?

By the way, I think I heard or read that 23,000.000 paid for the Peacock game on Sat. night. I think that's was for a 1 month subscription. Didn't check that for truth.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I mute every commercial, every time, if I have to watch the news or other standard TV

When company came over during the holidays and they watched the commercials at high volume I found that drinking was the only thing that helped. But not very much.

The urge to strangle relatives doesn't pair well with the holiday festivities. 🙏 🙄
we mute Troy and Buck video only :D

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with most and I didn't pay for Peacock and didn't miss the game nor did I watch. I did see where it was a replay the next day. The one disagreement I do have is blaming the players with high salaries. Are they overpaid? Debatable. You're worth whatever anyone is willing to pay you. Blame the owners and the operations of each sport. If the media isn't willing to pay the NFL or NBA, MLB, you name it. There wouldn't be the money to pay the athlete. Add in the cost of attending games and wonder how the average family affords to attend. Where will it end?

By the way, I think I heard or read that 23,000.000 paid for the Peacock game on Sat. night. I think that's was for a 1 month subscription. Didn't check that for truth.
look up the loss of viewership NFL. The youth watchers are in decline. Same at the college level. Its going to happen. No doubt giddell knows this and trying to squeeze the current fans.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
look up the loss of viewership NFL. The youth watchers are in decline. Same at the college level. Its going to happen. No doubt giddell knows this and trying to squeeze the current fans.
I believe you are right and the left is doing everything possible to make football illegal for the nation's young boys. California is leading the way in trying to ban football as an extracurricular activity,
I'm not saying it's going to happen tomorrow but with football getting such a bad rap as a brutal sport especially for youth, I can see the left pushing for its outright ban.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-legislative-hurdle-assembly-committee-ab734/

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I believe you are right and the left is doing everything possible to make football illegal for the nation's young boys. California is leading the way in trying to ban football as an extracurricular activity,
I'm not saying it's going to happen tomorrow but with football getting such a bad rap as a brutal sport especially for youth, I can see the left pushing for its outright ban.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-legislative-hurdle-assembly-committee-ab734/plaints about boxing or MMA. Does no one consider that every knockout in those sports results in a concussion. Add in that every knockdown in those sports and if they get up in time, they are allowed to continue. No such thing as going to the tent for an examination. It's a good rule when they banned the helmet to helmet hits and the protection that helmets provide is so much better than in the past.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree and it's actually getting better especially with better techniques used when tackling, computer/science and sensors help with understanding where protection needs to be addressed.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Ted is hilarious. I listened to it on a long drive today. Tons of great one liners. I keep Peacock for The Office and Parks & Rec.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty sure the NFL just looks at the missing 17,000,000 viewers as undeserving freeloaders.
How do the advertisers feel about spending full price and then missing out on 17million viewers ?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do the advertisers feel about spending full price and then missing out on 17million viewers ?

There is no way that Amazon, and now Peacock, bought the rights to broadcast Thursday night football and select NFL playoff games with the expectation of it being immediately profitable. Nah, they are playing long-ball with the expectation that we just need to be conditioned into paying for individual football game coverage. It's the inevitable outcome with the current trajectory, and that's where they see the money.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the superbowl ever goes to PPV, I don't need to watch it, the half time shows are garage anyway, in the past 10 years think I"ve watched 1 half time show for 5 minutes. I occupy my time during the half time shows with other tibits. As for the Chiefs/Dolphin game, I just watched it the next morning on the NFL network

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84