Gander Mountain prepares to file bankruptcy

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's no way Gander Mtn is "doing well". Not in Fargo anyway. Other than when it first opened, that place is a ghost town every day. Can a store "do well" without selling goods to customers?

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, the one in Fargo sucks.

It's the store with the empty parking lot you drive by when you're going from Scheel's to Fleet Farm.

I do miss Sportsmen's Warehouse.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think I have been in Gander since Backwater Eddy passed, other than to pick up something I bought online. They stopped selling live bait and then the prices were always high. Always wondered how they made it this long.

Gander Mt doesnt sell live bait? Are you shitting me?!?

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
My roommate actually works at Gander Mountain and he says there is no validity to this at all. All of these papers have the same unreliable source. Apparently, they are all doing well.
Then why did they hire an investment bank that specializes in mergers and acquisitions to advise them?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hear they are adding on to accommodate all the RTIC coolers they plan on stocking.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gander Mt doesnt sell live bait? Are you shitting me?!?

Nope not shitting you. The last time I was in there, they stopped caring minnows or crawlers. They used to have frogs too, but they stopped caring them as well. This was probably 5 or more years ago already. They might have them now, but I doubt it.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got a 20% off storewide except firearms ammo and marine electronics, from Feb 19 to Feb 25.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
hopefully the firearms go on mega sale.

download.jpg

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remember when sportsmans whorehouse hired a liquidator to clear their inventory. He was a real trixster.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a huge Shimano rod/reel rack from the sportsman's warehouse for $70 during their liquidation - so glad I just bought the dang thing rather than wait and miss out.

Founding Member
Founding Member
In walleye central some of guys out east love gander. I don't get but maybe they do a better job in different regions. Fargo and bemidji are pathetic.

livininavandownbytheriver

Founding Member
Founding Member
They hired that investment company because they had a few buyers interested and nothing lined up right. Gander does not employ the vast amount of people that scheels does, so they don't have to pay nearly as much to them. It does not cost a whole lot to operate. Mark up is huge too, especially on their guide gear. All companies have a lot of mark up. He has been telling me about the mark up and it is just stupid. I completely agree that it is a ghost town and in all honesty I do not like Gander a whole lot either. I find them grossly over priced even past other stores.

257Bob

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was in the Fargo store Monday, it was crowded. There must have been at least 12 shoppers in there. There were a lot of 50% off signs, mostly on clothing items.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84