Gander Mountain prepares to file bankruptcy

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its a " going out for business sale," furniture stores do it all the time.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
FYI, I received an email from Gander saying they will be honoring gift cards through 5/18. So, if you have Gander gift cards, you have less than 2 weeks to use them.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The suck continues apace for Fargo Gander.
IMG_3201.jpg

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Marcus Lemonis Re-Brands Gander Mountain as “Gander Outdoors”

Posted 1 min ago in Companies, Guns & Gear, News, Press Releases by Adam Scepaniak with No Comments
Gander Mountain was recently purchased by Camping World Holdings (aka “Camping World) at auction. The CEO, Marcus Lemonis, is not only going to re-brand the remaining stores as “Gander Outdoors,” but he is soliciting Twitter for a new logo.

The vocal CEO is giving daily updates on Twitter as to which stores are going to be staying and which ones are getting the axe!

A fairly young CEO at 43 years old, Marcus Lemonis may be a dearly needed injection of youth and vitality that Gander Outdoors needs to survive. The retail firearms market has gotten significantly softer and weaker following Donald Trump’s election as president. Many large companies have fallen by the wayside due to an inability to be agile to the market’s demands.

Some people have questioned Marcus Lemonis as to why he would change the name of Gander Mountain in the first place?…

He had a pretty blunt response as to why he is re-branding the company.

The fact that Gander Mountain went bankrupt is pretty compelling for changes to be made; name included.

For now, Marcus Lemonis is taking the acquisition of the company, and his decision as to what stores he will retain, day-by-day. Mainly, he is ironing out contracts and details with the landlords of current stores. Deciding what is reasonable, feasible and profitable for Camping World to keep open.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good read NoMrcy, I did not know about that shit... Guess I won't be visiting and "Gander Outdoors" locations and now I suppose I'll have to stop watching The Profit... not gonna support a dickhead that is anti hunting...

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
FARGO, N.D. (Valley News Live) After first announcing that the store would stay open, The CEO of Camping World says the Fargo Gander Mountain store will now officially close.

In a response to a tweet asking about the Fargo store, Camping World CEO Marcus Lemonis said that the location has now been added to the list of Gander Mountain stores that will close. Lemonis added that the land was not affordable, and the landlord was not cooperative. Camping World Holdings, which operates a network of stores catering to recreational vehicle owners, won a bankruptcy auction of Gander Mountain’s assets after the company filed for bankruptcy in March. Several yellow signs were posted outside the Fargo location saying they are going out of business, but Lemonis stated that the store would remain open.

- - - Updated - - -

^^ that last line makes a lot of sense - not

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
who knows. the moron who wrote the article wants it both ways

either that or I'm having my typical pre-holiday mental breakdown and can't read

- - - Updated - - -

"well... bye" is what I have to say to those clowns

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
who needs em there anyway when you have Scheels, Fleet Farm and Cablea's an hour up the road.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84