Giant ND moose taken today!

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw a pic of a young girl today with an ND moose that believe it or not looks bigger than this one!
Does anyone have that pic? Looks just as wide but has paddles like an Alaskan bull, unbelievable!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw one about that size (or at least it seemed to me but I don't know how to judge moose) south of Bismarck last fall. A shame the Missouri River corridor isn't a unit.

Well its starting to be one it just hasn't made it this far year.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great story! I hope the moose numbers continue to stay strong. It's fun having a great opportunity like that in our state!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Awesome hunt, Once in a lifetime is an understatement. I had the luxury to have several big ones like that hanging around the farm for a few years . I kept putting in for the landowner's permit and struck out every year. Three fellas that I'm sure we're members of FBO were pretty pisd at me when they drove in my yard to ask to moose hunt and I said no then they asked if I was hunting moose and said no again. I felt bad and still do but I was pretty sure at least one of them was a state record and I really wanted a crack at him. Watched a group of 5 and two monsters were fighting they made a lot of noise and were fun to watch. Another time I was sitting in the field next to the trees and heard a ruckus coming from a long ways away, one giant bull came on a dead run through heavy timber with his nose in the air and antlers laid on his back and banging off the trees. It was a sight and sound I will never forget. A neighbor drew a tag and I let him hunt and he got the smaller of the two bigger ones . It was a state record for a few hours It was either 52 or 56 inches I forget , I was at work so I never did see it up close. Another neighbor got one with his Bow and I was at work that time too so I never saw it up close. The biggest one I never heard about but they were plentiful up here and I think The Turtle Mountains were the only place in the state that had moose for many years. Most of them left the hills and spread out through the state. Hardly ever see one anymore. Some don't travel as far as a person thinks , Others wander aimlessly.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't know what you have got till it's gone , Found several sheds over the years and my wife put them all in the flower garden. Little did we know that Moose antlers deteriorate fast in the elements.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great action and a lifetime memory. Use that meat up and enjoy those steaks!! I'd love to taste a moose steak again.... (slobber, slobber)

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was this moose's name Cecil? Is the shooter a Dentist?:;::;:stirthepot
I am sure PETA will be calling.
Seriously though....NICE MOOSE and STORY! Good job!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 108
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34