Goodyear doesnt matter

Mr. Stevenson

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I try my damndest to avoid absorbing propaganda. I'm seeing BLM and other faggot crap is acceptable attire. Blue LM, etc is prohibited.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the policy is no political attire of any kind.

I'd guess they're backpedaling as fast as possible, but the policy was BLM was acceptable, and LGBTQ was acceptable.

Blue Lives Matter, and All Lives Matter, were both unacceptable. Also, no MAGA wear, and no political wear.

I wonder what they would say, if someone came to work with a t-shirt that says "Christ is King"? I'd guess you'd have to go home.

If that isn't yet another corporation, mistakenly caving in to the loudest whiniest, cryingest, squeakiest minority - I don't know what it is. I have to assume, somewhere in the big company that is Goodyear, people know better - but some pencil-necked, ultra-PC do-gooder thought "we better appease these scarey Antifa/protester/BLM types".

I could puke.

Coopers and Toyos are both great tires. I'm sure Goodyear is too, but if they're going to support BLM, but not All Lives, or Blue Lives, then there are plenty of other tires out there.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What tires would you recommend that are made in the US?

Nitto is the Made in the USA division of Toyo. Their Exo-Grappler is the best winter traction I've experienced out of any AT tires. They've got a 3rd belt in the sidewall that allows them to carry a load (towing or a big load in the box) with greater stability.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
My general grabbers on my dodge are 10 ply tires that are also made in the USA, I had the Copper AT3 before these, they were junk compared to these. Vollmer can attest to the worthlessness of the AT3 when it comes to snow and ice, great mileage tires though

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
My general grabbers on my dodge are 10 ply tires that are also made in the USA, I had the Copper AT3 before these, they were junk compared to these. Vollmer can attest to the worthlessness of the AT3 when it comes to snow and ice, great mileage tires though

you know there are 3 different types of Discover AT3s?

The Discoverer AT3 4S is designed for workday commutes and weekend adventure, while the Discoverer AT3 LT is for medium-to-heavy duty work pickups and the Discoverer AT3 XLT complements customized trucks with superior visual appeal while offering off-road capability.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
you know there are 3 different types of Discover AT3s?

The Discoverer AT3 4S is designed for workday commutes and weekend adventure, while the Discoverer AT3 LT is for medium-to-heavy duty work pickups and the Discoverer AT3 XLT complements customized trucks with superior visual appeal while offering off-road capability.
I believe the AT3 I had were the LT, they are a hard compound compared to my grabbers that I have one now so I didn't get much traction even in 4 wheel drive.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe the AT3 I had were the LT, they are a hard compound compared to my grabbers that I have one now so I didn't get much traction even in 4 wheel drive.

yep I'd put grabbers right below the A/T KO2s but there is a huge difference when you jump up to the AT3 XLT softer and meatier...went through last winter with them with no complaints ... and we had fender high drifts in the neighborhood a few times drove around no problem

I do agree the Ko2's and Grabbers probably have a bit more traction, but the AT3 XLT do well are a little quiter and smoother on interstate, and 10ply which is what I was looking for

Shinji58078

I'd guess they're backpedaling as fast as possible, but the policy was BLM was acceptable, and LGBTQ was acceptable.

Blue Lives Matter, and All Lives Matter, were both unacceptable. Also, no MAGA wear, and no political wear.

I wonder what they would say, if someone came to work with a t-shirt that says "Christ is King"? I'd guess you'd have to go home.

If that isn't yet another corporation, mistakenly caving in to the loudest whiniest, cryingest, squeakiest minority - I don't know what it is. I have to assume, somewhere in the big company that is Goodyear, people know better - but some pencil-necked, ultra-PC do-gooder thought "we better appease these scarey Antifa/protester/BLM types".

I could puke.

Coopers and Toyos are both great tires. I'm sure Goodyear is too, but if they're going to support BLM, but not All Lives, or Blue Lives, then there are plenty of other tires out there.

From what I've read it looks like the official company policy is "no political endorsement at work." Which I am fine with as long as it is enforced on all sides equally. The slide that you are referencing that shows what is acceptable and what isn't is apparently something someone local made and is training too, but it is not official training and it doesn't follow official company policy.

This is just how I'm interpreting the info I've read. It may be wrong and they may be just using that to cover their asses but without actually working there it's hard to tell.

Also, thanks for all the info on tires.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
[FONT=&quot]On Wednesday, following the president’s Tweet, Goodyear said a slide shown in the Kansas television news report was not from or distributed by the corporation and was not part of employee training.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“To be clear on our longstanding corporate policy, Goodyear has zero tolerance for any forms of harassment or discrimination,” Goodyear tweeted. “To enable a work environment free of those, we ask that associates refrain from workplace expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues.”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/mone...sponses-goodyears-akron-ohio-home/5610882002/[/FONT]

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
YOU have to have people come to your defense to bash our president for sticking up for those who at the time felt Goodyear was catering to the liberal left. Instead why doesnt Goodyear stand firm and tell your customers lets stop bashing each other and find middle ground. Nope back peddling all the way becuase they lost like 3 percent of their stock value in one day hypocrisy

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lunker, so if I understand you, equality is not a social issue but a political issue only pushed by the liberals, so you believe this country should not have equality?
The company's policy is no political attire. Do you feel MAGA attire is not political? It was his campaign's authorized gear.
Goodyear stood firm on its policy of no political attire to keep the workplace civil. You do see how dissenting opinions are handled on this site? Super power flame on is the usual response. Translate this to your business and think how efficient the workplace would be.
Imagine how much productivity would be lost if politics were discussed at the workplace. Enough productivity is lost every year to discussions of the following: sports, reality TV, crafting, etc. Companies do have to make a profit to stay in business, no?
Middle ground seems to be a foreign concept to some on this site.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope it's a political as well as a social issue fabricated by the liberal media, we are not a racist country been proven over and over again. Many studies have found that majority of the people in this country don't judge based on skin color or racial background. Do you know why president trump was saying boycott goodyear and it had little to do with maga hat wearers.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have complete equality in this country.

- - - Updated - - -

We have total equality in this country.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
On Wednesday, following the president’s Tweet, Goodyear said a slide shown in the Kansas television news report was not from or distributed by the corporation and was not part of employee training.

1. Where did the KS news report get their info?
2. Was the info verified/reliable or is this another example of "The only thing that matters is being 1st to report"?
3. Was the slide the action of a single trainer inserting the slide on his/her own?
4. What action was taken IE the "Zero Tolerance Policy"?

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
I provided the link to the article I pulled the quote from. If you have further questions follow that link or contact Goodyear tire company. At least I provide reference to where I sourced my information for those who wish to delve deeper.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 173
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 63
  • This month: 62
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 56