Hearing Protection

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't shoot a ton, but have a loud motorcycle. Putting around town is no big deal, but even 20 minutes on the highway, and my ears are ringing. I got a set of silicone plugs for Christmas. They come in a small aluminum cylinder, which I will forever keep in my bike. Hearing loss sucks. I said "HEARING LOSS SUCKS".

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't shoot a ton, but have a loud motorcycle. Putting around town is no big deal, but even 20 minutes on the highway, and my ears are ringing. I got a set of silicone plugs for Christmas. They come in a small aluminum cylinder, which I will forever keep in my bike. Hearing loss sucks. I said "HEARING LOSS SUCKS".
Pussy

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have mufflers, it's not bad, because I don't ride it like a white-sunglasses-wearing, backwards-hat, skinny-jeaned idiot.

But between the bike, and the wind, on the highway - it's loud.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm the same. I can't sleep without white noise to block the noise in my ears. I run at hepa cleaner all the time at night. It really helps. I even have an app on my phone for times I'm away from home.
Thanks again.
In the past I have tried a white noise sound machine but it was too loud. Even when placing it in a closed closet.

I tried the air purifier in the bed room and it seems to help. I still am waking up during the night but my sleep seems more restful. Also one day earlier this week I slept straight through the night until 5:00 a.m. First time in years that I have done that. So thank you! I am going to keep using it. Perhaps my sleep patterns will straighten out so I have even more uninterrupted sleep.

@BDub

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have not slept a full night in many of moons. Just live with it, part of being old. One day i will but i assume i will be in a home.

Loud pipes, if they come with us, they have to ride in the rear of the pack about a mile back. If one runs a Goldwing, one has confidence in himself without the noise.

But my buddy took his muffler off and 4 of the sparks plug wire so he would sound like an old time JD. db

Last edited:

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny in our group no rice grinders', we all old bastard need noisey pipes to hear if bike is running. Driving any other brand would be like driving electric car. CAN"T

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hmm, I'm not sure I remember. Bought a couple when I bought the bike. Rarely wear them. They're the full-face ones with a visor, but the whole face thing flips up, so you can take a drink or whatever. Make out withe missus. You know...

Fulmer maybe?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93