House Bill 1151- Prohibiting baiting bans

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
scare tactics and scary words/scenarios employed by Belisle(?) from bowhunter org just now during verbal testimony was transparent/embarrassing

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
next guy is waving arms about how EHD has jumped species - so CWD is going to jump into his cattle

brings up the not fair hunting argument (ethics)

wct12

Why does it take so long? My testing results in WY get back in under a week!
Every other year in North Dakota it's usually released the end of jan/beginning of feb. This year it was conveniently released the middle of March the same week 1151 goes to senate committee..

wct12

scare tactics and scary words/scenarios employed by Belisle(?) from bowhunter org just now during verbal testimony was transparent/embarrassing
Wonder if NDBA asked their due paying Members what their stance is on this before they took a stance, or just a small board made a decision on this.. and before anyone says this can't be done.. the FB brought this forth and all members present at their convention were able to vote on this where it passed unanimously... and membership in the NDFB vs NDBA is tenfold so it is possible that NDBA could have been done

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were some angry bow hunters there today. They mentioned not renewing membership however, they are life members, so the one guy laughingly volunteered, "the only way out is if I die."

They wanted to know what happens next? The amendments are more than likely going to be stripped off. Maybe the gallon amount will stay. Then it goes to the Senate Floor vote. It should pass.

Because the Senate is making changes, it has to go back to the House to ask if they concur.

After that it goes to the Governor for a signature.

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone should come on this site the first of every year and remind everyone what the ND bowhunters association did when it comes to this bill weather you are opposed or in favor they should of at least let them members decided not just ask a couple board members and let them speak for all of its membership. That way maybe it will be fresh in people's memories and they won't send there renewal money to an organization that doesn't listen to its membership

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone should come on this site the first of every year and remind everyone what the ND bowhunters association did when it comes to this bill weather you are opposed or in favor they should of at least let them members decided not just ask a couple board members and let them speak for all of its membership. That way maybe it will be fresh in people's memories and they won't send there renewal money to an organization that doesn't listen to its membership
Spot on

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You average knuckledragger isn't sophisticated enough to understand the nuances of the science. So... the rank and file (those paying dues) shouldn't be given a voice. ; )

And yes, I fully expect our state representatives to eventually knife us in the back with any increase in power this gives them.

It's damned if we do or don't. This is our new world.

COVID, climate change, CWD, etc.

Get used to increasingly authoritarian attitudes by those at the top.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

In this case, I like how the checks/balances functioned. For now. 🥴

yellowlab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'll say it again. As soon as any wildlife organization gets involved politically instead of staying focused on taking care of the critters, THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!
Funny thing is, they are trying to take care of the critters, but when the legislature starts thinking they know how to take care of the critters in a better way, they need to get involved in politics. You say that you want them to take care of the critters, but only if it agrees with your views. Talk about being a hypocrite.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Funny thing is, they are trying to take care of the critters, but when the legislature starts thinking they know how to take care of the critters in a better way, they need to get involved in politics. You say that you want them to take care of the critters, but only if it agrees with your views. Talk about being a hypocrite.
HaHaHa!!! Taking care of critters isn't political. Buying hay bales instead of spending the money on lobbying isn't political. Planting shelter trees instead of lobbying isn't political. Critters don't care about laws or policy or your opinions or mine when they are starving. Thanks for the laugh though. I needed that. I'll just sit here and watch the deer, pheasants, squirrels, rabbits, and birds eat the corn and hay I put out for them. Have a great day.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
they are trying to take care of the critters
By having a culling plan ready to implement if/when CWD testing crosses some obscure threshold set by a group of people who obviously don't (but SHOULD) understand how natural selection eventually "cures" issues like this - and has for eons? :confused:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 130
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51