How many of you would still bowhunt if you could not bait?

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wow! First neg rep on the site! Good thing its Friday so I can drown my sorrows and contemplate life tonight!

Maybe Ill start another controversial thread asking what is better....a filthy skater or a greezy biker?

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've used a bucket of corn a few times and lots of apples when available. Mostly for camera setups. Problem with food is too many other critters. I've gone strictly to mineral licks now and far fewer coon and squirrel pics. Never have had much success at hunting big bucks over bait. They tend to wait until well after dark to hit it. I look at baiting as no different then sitting near a water hole or another food source. Definitely wouldn't stop me from hunting if it were banned but I don't get the logic.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've never baited deer. But I HAVE sat in a stand with a pile of pumpkins underneath it. And let me tell you...that produced very pleasing results, especially for my self-imposed 30-yard maximum archery range.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess legally what I do is baiting but I as others have stated use it more to keep a deer in the area and still enough for pictures or a clean ethical kill shot. I maybe put out a half a coffee can every other night or so where I am hunting herd reduction just to know the deer are there. They are definitely not surviving off what I put out, more like me finding a candy bar while out stumbling around and thinking I'm lucky, but the candy bar the candy bar isn't there every time I go by that spot. Hunting the herd reduction area is very important to make a good kill shot and not having wounded deer running thru peoples yards. I would still hunt everyday and twice on Sunday even if baiting becomes illegal. Its not about the harvest but more about making someone else wait longer to draw a rifle tag ::: I think dukgnfsn

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow! First neg rep on the site! Good thing its Friday so I can drown my sorrows and contemplate life tonight!

Maybe Ill start another controversial thread asking what is better....a filthy skater or a greezy biker?

Seriously?? Dumb. I thought it was a good conversation piece for a Friday afternoon...

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go ahead and make baiting illegal... that's when the whores move in. Pretty soon your daughters knocked up and your wallets light...

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
baiting doesn;t work you will never shoot a buck over 150 it is immoral and unethical and a disease infestation threat. Someoen should start an initiated measure to ban it, take monies from HSUS and hire NDSU football players to collect signatures.

I run thru the forrest in a loin cloth I made from the deer I killed with an ash bow I made with a buffalo sinew bowstring I chewed with my teeth shooting arrows of dried willow and flint knapped by the dim light of a fire I started with two sticks.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I bait in Baltimore orioles and orchard orioles with jelly does that make be a whoreish slob birder?

- - - Updated - - -

baiting doesn;t work you will never shoot a buck over 150 it is immoral and unethical and a disease infestation threat. Someoen should start an initiated measure to ban it, take monies from HSUS and hire NDSU football players to collect signatures.

I run thru the forrest in a loin cloth I made from the deer I killed with an ash bow I made with a buffalo sinew bowstring I chewed with my teeth shooting arrows of dried willow and flint knapped by the dim light of a fire I started with two sticks.

Yep and then a herd of whores moves in and ruins the whole damn town. Them whores with their bean bag chair sized breasts will be turning tricks by every corner.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
e2d6cc48a625b158ada1dcc595db11c4--coconut-crab-pulp-art.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

402a4ab6a5dc9e73c375601dc5d23f2a--id-photo-album-photos.jpg

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If them damn deer come in and steal my bird food, I have NO CHOICE but to defend my property!!

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baiting is unethical!!!!
I like to plant my bait plot. oops I mean FOOD plot a couple days before season. I plant a corn food plot with my hand spreader and it works AWESOME!!!! :;:muahaha

seeding plot.jpg

Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Baiting is unethical!!!!
I like to plant my bait plot. oops I mean FOOD plot a couple days before season. I plant a corn food plot with my hand spreader and it works AWESOME!!!!

That's exactly what I do 5575, but I also try to protect my corn seed by covering it with a layer of alfalfa. Don't know if it works very well, but I'll keep on trying.

Coyotefool69

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would still bow hunt as the unit I'm in doesn't allow baiting in the first place.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I been bow hunting for twenty years when I put my rifle up for whitetail. Now and then I look at the rifle.
should look inside the barrel after all these years.
all fine the way it is. Food plots and all. Db-2

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
How many would still bow hunt if you only could use long bows, no range finders, etc...? Sure as hell would be cheaper!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53