How to irritate KDM

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree with Broken, yard chickens make great soup/stew when slow cooked, lot of flavor!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was giving away a TV at a garage sale, as it worked just fine, but was a 36" tube TV that weighed in at 150lbs.
The guy says "I will take it, bring it by Century apartments today after 2 pm I am at apartment 302"
I said "You want it, you can take it now, or the next person that wants it can have it, if it is here at the end of the day it will be put into the garbage can and set on the curb."
He says, " well that sure isn't very neighborly of you"
WTF is wrong with people? It isn't enough to give it away, now I am expected to deliver it?

Did you drop it going up the stairs?

Pretty sure I would have. Heavy POS... :cool:

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Come over to my house, talk about how expensive food is, (Especially beef, pork, and chicken) and then ask if I can help you out with some chicken I raised over the summer and butchered. Then, after I help you out by giving you about 20 lbs of chicken, call me the next night and tell my the chicken was tough and that I should make my chicken more tender like store bought. THAT is an especially good way to irritate the ole KDM. Suffice to say that gravy train has left the station and went off the tracks......never to return. :mad: I'm not sure where gratitude went, but it needs to come back real quick. Carry On!!
That would have really ruffled my feathers as well.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was giving away a TV at a garage sale, as it worked just fine, but was a 36" tube TV that weighed in at 150lbs.
The guy says "I will take it, bring it by Century apartments today after 2 pm I am at apartment 302"
I said "You want it, you can take it now, or the next person that wants it can have it, if it is here at the end of the day it will be put into the garbage can and set on the curb."
WTF is wrong with people? It isn't enough to give it away, now I am expected to deliver it?
About 10-15 years ago while still living on the farm, We had a bunch of big trees like cottonwood but a different type that were dead. Anyway they were huge and tall and I cut them down and hauled them out of the grove and piled them in a huge pile. Told people if you want firewood I will grab the bobcat and grab 1/2 of a tree and hold it over your trailer while you cut it into the lengths you want.
Didn't get any takers but had one person that said he would take the whole pile IF I would cut it to length and split it for him AND haul it to his place and pile it. I said WTF do I look like? Do I look that stupid or what? Told him it was going to get burned in a couple weeks if someone didn't take it. Ended up burning the whole pile, had to be 30' wide, 150' long, and at least 20' high. What a waste of good heating material. Needless to say that guy was pissed at me for not cutting it and delivering it to him. Oh well, I didn't lose any sleep over the ordeal.
When I burned wood for heating, I would have done whatever if a person would have offered to hold the tree over my trailer while I cut it to length. Times are changing and not for the better either.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Super. 3rd floor too. That's not asking too much. Heavy sarcasm.

I had a semi-decent recliner for sale at my folks' garage sale a few years ago. I think I had $15 on it. It was a Laz-Boy, not broken - still worked. It was kind of an ugly brown though. Anyhow, some lady asked if I would just give it to her. I said "alright, I'm not going to take it home", she then gave me her address and told me she'd be home after 5PM.

Nah, I hauled it to the dump.

And no, it wasn't some movie about co-eds.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some people are just rude they don't even know it, then on top of that, they don't even know how to pay it forward either....

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Super. 3rd floor too. That's not asking too much. Heavy sarcasm.

I had a semi-decent recliner for sale at my folks' garage sale a few years ago. I think I had $15 on it. It was a Laz-Boy, not broken - still worked. It was kind of an ugly brown though. Anyhow, some lady asked if I would just give it to her. I said "alright, I'm not going to take it home", she then gave me her address and told me she'd be home after 5PM.

Nah, I hauled it to the dump.

And no, it wasn't some movie about co-eds.

I'm guessing she wasn't hot.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I planted raspberries under my garage eves so they woukd get more water when it rained. My neighbor asked me over for coffee in his garage on Tuesday morning at 9:00am which I thought was strange. I noticed to city garbage truck coming down the alley and my neighbor says watch this. They parked out of sight behind my detached alley garage and each jumped out with what looked like two two quart whipped cream containers and picked every last raspberry. Then they left a note that they dont take ashes so all my garbage was left. It wasn't ashes it was shavings from my planer.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Would it irritate KDM if I told him Army stands for Ain't Ready to be Marines Yet?

...popcorn...:giggle::giggle:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Would it irritate KDM if I told him Army stands for Ain't Ready to be Marines Yet?

...popcorn...:giggle::giggle:
Not one bit. Bashing other services is a mainstay of wearing a uniform. Just like bitching, moaning, and complaining about the fubar, snafu, and bohica way the military does stuff.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88