Ice augers

Iceman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you guys run for augers, I’m really thinking about trying the battery strikemaster any info on these?

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kdrill with a dewalt 20v maxx.

LOVE IT

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Strikemaster lithium 40v and it cuts very well. Came with a free 2nd battery too.

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
8" Drill and Milw F18 fuel. Absolutely love it! Can't beat how light it is. I also run a strikemaster 10" lazer mag as a back up, but hardly use it since I got the K drill.

Walleye202

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ahab and I think alike, I too have the Strikemaster 40V, Totally impressed so far with it, the 2nd battery is a sweet deal on it.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jiffy model 30 8" - i have had new since the late 80s. Self maintained with spark plugs annually and blade sharpenned, never seen the inside of a repair shop. Easy to install extension (it will be installed this weekend) Never has missed a beat; starts easy at 30 below; doesnt have a plug in :)

MULEDEER

Established Member
I have an ion 8 inch for ice castle 2 pro 4 propane for portable or pickup fishing like them all. Been thinking about the K drill do the blades dull fast? Can they Be changed? Will any 20 volt dewalt drill spin it or do you need the DCD 985 I use that to run the crank on the ice castle (easy crank winch adapter) seems it would be over kill for the K drill.

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an ion 8 inch for ice castle 2 pro 4 propane for portable or pickup fishing like them all. Been thinking about the K drill do the blades dull fast? Can they Be changed? Will any 20 volt dewalt drill spin it or do you need the DCD 985 I use that to run the crank on the ice castle (easy crank winch adapter) seems it would be over kill for the K drill.

K drill is a chipper blade. It does dull but not fast. They are easy to replace and they have lifetime sharpening on them. All you have to pay is shipping. I think as long as your running brushless your ok.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old Jiffy Model 30-8" No desire to spend $$ as long is it keeps drilling ice. Often wonder now many hours it has on it.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do the batteries cost on these new electric drills? I heard they were very expensive.

nytebyte

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another 8" Ion here. Works great for me. Had a 8" jiffy for a lot of years and never a problem but no more mixing fuel and I like the weight of the Ion

Last edited:

Ndakotaboy73

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve got 4 augers. The strike master 40v lithium, a nils 6 inch with a Dewalt 20 V, a K-drill with same drill, and a 4 stroke Honda strikemaaster. In order of preference is:

1) Strikemaster 40v
2) Nils
3) Strikemaster Honda
4) K-drill

My problem with the K-drill is the torque. It’s way too easy to lose control. The Nils is awesome if you’re fishing panfish. The 40V Strikemaster is a dream. A little heavy but it cuts great and the battery is awesome. I’ve fished every weekend since Christmas and I’m charging the first battery tonight. Well over 100 holes so far. Great investment if you’re looking for a new auger.

And yes, I do have a problem when it comes to gear...;)

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33