Ice Roads

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Riverfisher.....Roadfisher....hmmm. Seriously, who would fish right by a road that leads to a good spot to cross a pressure ridge. And its not Illegal to drive by someone, only to set up too close. Whoever did this or thinks its OK, they need to chill when someone comes by. It would be like tying to shore fish right at a party beech, and then yell at everyone to stay away from your lines.

Oh, and why are you letting out the secret of Hidden Wood Lake? Now he'll go down there and set up right on the road we've made. Fishing shouldn't be as good on the road, but probably good enough he'll explore the rest of it.

Chas'n Tail

Founding Member
Founding Member
This one has the potential to be right up there with rocks on a section line.....;:;popcorn

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I could see 5575 not taking the Vette of the trail but other other circumstances seem a little douchey.

Brasmunky

Established Member
No that wasn't me. I dont fish the Facebook hotspots like white earth, I am also not driving to South Dakota to fish. I was mostly just bored sitting home in a snow storm and this totally saved the day. Thanks yall

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
So back to this road garbage. I said I’ve done it but that was once again when someone made a road over a very good piece of structure on a pretty featureless lake. Other than that I fish a refuge where it is foot traffic only and I drag my shit for a mile or so every time I go.....so don’t call me lazy.....y’all are probably a bunch of ice castle couch sittin lazy asses that wish they could ice the fish me and my buddies do.....but you won’t because walking is hard

Up hill both ways?

Cool bra!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Again I walk out....this weather doesn't bother me as long as the highway is clean. Have fun digging out yalls castles

so do you just follow tire tracks to make it easier walking what brand of tire makes the best path for the setting tip ups there tire pirate?

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
It makes me wonder how many years have u guys fished?

A. Roady I have seen plenty people park fish on road its not unusual at all. And u drive around the tip ups and ignore the owner.

B some years. Ex 97 everyone is a road fisherman. U hope most back off the road far enough so u can get by.

C our winter's lately not much snow. Them fkn castles will sit if this shit keeps up. The access will be the issue with them.

Stinger

Founding Member
Founding Member
It makes me wonder how many years have u guys fished?

A. Roady I have seen plenty people park fish on road its not unusual at all. And u drive around the tip ups and ignore the owner.

B some years. Ex 97 everyone is a road fisherman. U hope most back off the road far enough so u can get by.

C our winter's lately not much snow. Them fkn castles will sit if this shit keeps up. The access will be the issue with them.

I had no problem with him putting his tip up in the middle of the road, it was the yelling and shaking the ice scoop that was the problem. I mean what does the guy expect?

I’m only 32 but I’ve been out on the ice fishing since I was 4 or 5 with my grandpa down In mobridge on oahe. It was a lot different back then. I’m sure if someone would have yelled and shook his fist at my grandpa for driving too close to his house he would have gotten out of his Jeep and throat punched the dude.

slyfish77

Founding Member
Founding Member
This one has the potential to be right up there with rocks on a section line.....;:;popcorn
Will be tough to beat the old bluegil thread off FBO though#$%^&> I don' know how to bring it up, nor do I want to. ;)

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you fish right next to the main trail, expect everyone to continue using that trial even if it means they are driving 5' from your shack. I would have smiled and waived at the guy.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
if it was hard pack and driving was good anywhere off the road then "meh"

but if there was snow or any potential for hassles involved in driving off the main road then it is a total douche move.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you fish right next to the main trail, expect everyone to continue using that trial even if it means they are driving 5' from your shack. I would have smiled and waived at the guy.

Exactly!! Especially if its a road leading to a crossing of a pressure ridge!! We should all be out there to relax and enjoy the day. If you are the type of guy that doesn't want anyone around you, fine, then don't set up on the road. Someone is gonna use it.

Sometimes just guys out driving around having fun, not even fishing. One time, down between Kenel and Pollock, this guy was driving all over checking everyone out, drinking. The channel in that area is always shaky. We drove out to the Channel but not over it. Hell, we were fishing by a buddy of mine who had driven on from the east, but neither of us would have drove to the others truck. But this guy, he's driving all over, heard he broke through later that day.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sometimes common sence and curticy just don't come naturally.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like a perfect place to put up a sign "Come on in and have a beer". Could turn into one hellova wingding real quick. I'd avoid putting up the tipups myself.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not sure if I should go up there this weekend and put in a spearing hole, or a ticket booth.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84