Internet Sales Tax

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just seen the article that ND will start taxing online sales starting October 1st. On one hand, I think it needs to happen to keep money in the state, even though an increase in tax revenue will not likely decrease our own taxes (property, income, etc.). The other hand is pissed considering I can't find 95% of the items I use for painting in town.

Hey DM do you purchase your stuff from online retailers in ND or do you have to go out of state to get it? ND has a form for sales tax exemptions for businesses when purchasing stuff for resale. I'm not 100% sure, but I'd think that you should be able to utilize this exemption for the paints/bodies you need for the production of the items you sell. I would think that it should be good if your purchasing from other states as well. A call to the State Tax commissioners office would verify this, but since online retailers are supposed to charge tax based on the buyers location I don't see why this exemption wouldn't apply. Also, not sure who your supplier is for your crank bodies, but if they are charging you excise tax when you purchase your supplies there is an excise tax exemption that you can apply for through the IRS... They are slow as hell at processing the application, but it's nice once they get it done. The supplier for all the materials I buy for my tackle business charges excise tax so I went ahead and filled out the paper work... It took them about 6 months to finally get it all approved and send my paperwork back...

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kills me how many North Dakotans don’t mind paying extra in taxes. Friggen mind boggling to me. We are being taxed to death. Sickening.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just heard tonight the plan is to add 2 cents to the 7.5 cents we already pay for sales tax now. This is to pay for the $1 billion + flood project they are working on really fast to complete. :mad:

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they are so damn desperate for sales tax money why the hell don't they start charging those that are exempt or have reduced sales taxes full sales tax.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kills me how many North Dakotans don’t mind paying extra in taxes. Friggen mind boggling to me. We are being taxed to death. Sickening.

Republicans we're just as giddy on this tax as the Dems. They r one party. Nobody is fiscally responsible any more

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84