Invasive Pythons

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I could just see my wife's reaction if that dog brought her one of those lizards, priceless. LB

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
The part that gets me about the whole snake thing is the rules on you have to capture them, and then humanely dispatch them.

I would personally just rather use a shotgun or machete.
Pellet gun. I've internally screamed this at Landry.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let state wildlife management just bring in some komodo dragons to get rid of these evasive species. I can't see why this wouldn't work it's not like we haven't caused any more damage to north American eco systems.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
The part that gets me about the whole snake thing is the rules on you have to capture them, and then humanely dispatch them.

That has been my thought about that whole situation. Nice single shot 20 gauge would be rather effective

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member

Yeah I don't understand that part either and how will they know if you shoot it first?

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect the capture 1st is to try and make it so that folks aren’t out shooting every single snake they see.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Give me a Taurus Judge in 45 and shoot 2.5 inch 410 shells thru it.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suspect the capture 1st is to try and make it so that folks aren’t out shooting every single snake they see.
Actually, it was PETA and other critter loving organizations that forced it upon the state of Florida. They really threw quite the hissy fit.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually, it was PETA and other critter loving organizations that forced it upon the state of Florida. They really threw quite the hissy fit.
Don't mean to change the subject but isn't that also the case with feral pigs in Florida to.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy just got back from shooting iguanas in Flordia with pellets guns and said it was a blast. They cleaned a bunch and cooked them up he said they were damn good.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Might be, I don't know what the rules say about killing pigs.
I agree with you original post about the regulations of capturing them alive to be brought to a facility to be killed humanly. There was a show that came out in 2011 called the lady hoggers that would go round Florida land owners looking to get rid of some feral hogs. They had this one pit bull was an absolute beast the dog would grab ahold of the pigs ear and wouldnt let go.
The girls were actually from Texas but were hired to do this reality show in Florida and they were not permitted to kill the pigs had to catch and secure them for transport.
http://www.sneakpeek.ca/2012/01/sneak-peek-star-wars-episode-1-phantom.html?m=1
girls.JPG

Yeah it was on the dvr to record

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is also Iguana hunting.

How are they shooting in the air in highly populated areas to kill those iguanas? Id imagine windows being broken all over the place, no? Maybe .22lr shotshells dont travel far enough to present a danger in those environments, but still Id think they could put someones eye out coming down...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88