It's a new season GO SIOUX

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Puck drops Friday in St. Paul at 4:08 CDT with UND vs. SCSU. Winner advances to the NCHC Championship game Saturday at 7:38. Games are televised nationwide on CBSSN.

Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 6.48.17 PM.jpg

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who cares . The whole thing should be called the frozen 59 cuz that's how many teams there is in d1 college hockey . And half don't have scholarships. That Und can barely make the 16 team field is a disgrace . 1 title in 18 years is a disgrace . It's a joke and they can't afford it . Just shut down more sports I guess. Well their fb team could just as well fold up anyhow ��

sdwxman

Founding Member
Founding Member
someone is a little cranky! :;:huh

Who cares . The whole thing should be called the frozen 59 cuz that's how many teams there is in d1 college hockey . And half don't have scholarships. That Und can barely make the 16 team field is a disgrace . 1 title in 18 years is a disgrace . It's a joke and they can't afford it . Just shut down more sports I guess. Well their fb team could just as well fold up anyhow ��

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
No . Actually not just tired of the year after year barely sneaking into the tourney . College hockey is in bad shape . It's a minor league system and doesn't get compensated

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
there are 60 Ncaa div 1 schools participating in college hockey but who's counting. Arizona being the latest addition.

Go Sioux....They beat both St. Cloud and Duluth this weekend to get into the Dance.

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
No . Actually not just tired of the year after year barely sneaking into the tourney . College hockey is in bad shape . It's a minor league system and doesn't get compensated

Four teams make the Frozen Four and to do so they have to either win their conference or be high enough in the PairWise ranking to get an at large bid. Then they have to beat 2 of the top 16 teams in the nation to get the chance to play 2 of the top 4 teams in the nation to win the national championship. "sneaking into the tourney" my ASS!

And what college sport does compensate their athletes during their college days ... none! If they did, the guys/gals wouldn't be eligible to play college sports.

I know that men's hockey at UND is the highest drawing sport played at UND with the Ralph that seats around 11,700 and is usually full. I've been to many Homecoming football games at the Alerus and none had the attendance that the Ralph has.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure you know why it's called the Frozen Four (4 schools play for the championship just like in basketball) and there are 60 schools in D-1 hockey. ASU is an independent and not in a conference yet.

UND has won 2 national championships in the last 18 years (2000 and 2016) and 8 since D-1 hockey had it's inception. They are tied with Denver for second in National championships and one behind Michigan that has 9 National Championships. UND won the National Championship in:

You're such a Debbie Downer on sports that I would guess that you never played any sports. I got something out of my HS and college sports experience. My whole family did. My Dad was my HS football and track coach, and he participated in sports in both HS and college. My brother also participated in HS and college sports.

Last edited by a moderator:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's small time - they should have 18 titles not 8 . There's no competition, don't u get sick of the same old teams same brackets same old same old .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Things get complicated when you have your back to the wall.

UND needs Clarkson to beat Princeton in the ECAC championship game (6:35 p.m.) AND Providence or Northeastern to beat Boston University in the Hockey East championship game (6 p.m.) AND either a UND win or tie in the NCHC third-place game OR Michigan Tech win over Northern Michigan in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association championship game (6:07 p.m.).

nybs

Honored Member
Yeah - not good....fingers crossed for a win against Duluth and maybe the stars will align for a spot in a regional.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Providence and Clarkson are both behind w/ 13:00 + to go in the third by same scores of 1-0. Need both these scores to reverse themselves or the Sioux are done for this season.

Sioux won 4-1 this afternoon to take third in the NCHC championship rounds today.

BU up 2-0 1:22 to go ;(

BU wins its way into the national tourney and bumps the Sioux out.

Clarkson scores with 7 seconds left to tie the game and go into overtime. 1-1

If Princeton beats Clarkson they may knock the Goophers out.

Princeton wins in OT; think that knocks the Gooooophers out. :)

Last edited:

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder if it has ever happened where both the Sioux and Gophers miss the tournament?

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
;:;barf :bigpuke: There isn't a chocking one, so had to use the puking ones.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gophers had like a 98% chance of making the tourney yesterday. 6 games had to go against them to not make it. All 6 games did. They are going batchit crazy in blueplateville this morning.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's small time - they should have 18 titles not 8 . There's no competition, don't u get sick of the same old teams same brackets same old same old .

You much be one of those insecure Bison fans. Didn't they just win another title? Isn't that enough ?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 196
  • This month: 160
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88