K-Drill

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
The main reason for me getting the plate was to keep my drill out of the snow and water.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
The plate is pretty slick. It also prevents the bit from sliding out of the drill chuck.

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might have to look into these, they sound legit. By the way, have I told any of you that Jiffy propane augers suck butt?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might have to look into these, they sound legit. By the way, have I told any of you that Jiffy propane augers suck butt?

I don't remember you saying anything about it. I think you should start that rant again for all the new guys. ;:;popcorn

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

We need that and ice pirates brought to the top

MSA

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is there a way to cut n paste the ice pirates thread to this site?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sold on the concept.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been trying to track this guy down but he keeps a low profile.

Last edited:

Brian Halse

Founding Member
Founding Member
Buddy bought one last year. He has the Milwaukee drill on his. I was pretty skeptical but have to say I was proven wrong. Granted we never had thick ice but it was the cat's meow. I'm interested to see how the plastic flighting holds up over time.

Do you know if using the Milwaukee drill with the clam plate,do I need the $15 adapter as well or does that come with the plate or is it needed at all?

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
This will be my 5th winter with my 8" K-drill and love it! I am sending in the blades to get sharpened today but it took 4 years to dull them. Not to bad considering I drill 40-80 holes per outing on average. The last couple of years my K-Drill was getting a little dull so after about 14" of ice I would switch to my gas auger. I have my K-Drill on the 18vlt Milwaukee Fuel and the total weight is about 9 pounds. WOW! For those of you worried about the durability of the drill, I have not babied it at all and it still looks like new with O problems. I would highly recommend the K-Drill.

I wondering about keeping the blades sharp with a file? I keep a file with me and dress up the blade and point on my strike master 8" chipper blade and it cuts great. If it's tool steel it should be easy to dress up/sharpen with a good file.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Has anybody used one of those Clam gear boxes with the Clam Conversion?

Mocha

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wondering about keeping the blades sharp with a file? I keep a file with me and dress up the blade and point on my strike master 8" chipper blade and it cuts great. If it's tool steel it should be easy to dress up/sharpen with a good file.

Don't think thats possible. By the shape of the blade and they seem to be hollow ground from the top. But I am by know means a sharping expert. I did buy an extra set of blades so I will never be without.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49