Kdrill update and review

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kickemup was right - Clam adapter is the way to go.

I don't have the clam plate on my setup now. I have only been to fargo once since I bought the new drill and everywhere was sold out of the new style.

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those interested in K-Drill Check out the sporting section in Fargo craiglist, possibly a good deal?

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok my good friend and I are having a discussion on avg inches of ice vs the number of holes in 30 inches of ice. He says that he can avg 40 holes with a 8 inch bit through 30 inches of ice. That comes out to 1200 inches of ice on one 9 amp battery. Do I need to apologize for calling him a BSer.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
on a 9 amp hour battery? yes. i would apologize. i have no problem getting close to 25 to 30 on my 5.0 hour battery. and i don't think there was any less than 30 inches of ice when i started fishing this year. the drill has always come close to being buried and needing an extension since i drilled my first hole in mid to late january.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know but I read what kickem quoted 400 inches with a 5 amp battery and he avg 10 to 12 holes in 30 inches of ice with a 5 amp, E is that an 8 inch bit because icefishingtoday says that 24 inches gets you 24 holes with a 5 amp but it doesn't say what size bit they claim to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Ps I think it should have been determined by how many inches rather that how many holes. There is a big difference between claiming holes to inches when it comes to ice depth it takes more amps to pull ice out of a 30inch hole then a 15inch hole.

Last edited:

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
After I put the clam plate on my hole count went up to 15 to 18. In about 32 inches of ice.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's like my gator I can get approximately 800 to 1000 inches of ice becuase the ice can be anywhere from 28 to over 48 inches in depth. That is with a 9.5 inch bit with 42volts and 4.4 amps. Inches to holes comparison is apples to oranges

- - - Updated - - -

Kickem That is over 600 inches of ice when icefishingtoday states 576 inches from one 5 amp battery

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
18 holes in 32inches is 576. I would like the thing if I only got 8 holes out of a battery. The weight alone is worth having to go back for a battery.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
its an 8 inch bit. and i really don't think i am exaggerating on hole count. i thought 25 seemed like it might be on the low end. i know for an absolute fact its 20. i've never had to change a newly charged battery any time that same day. and i have drilled 20+ holes a couple of different times this year for sure and then used it again the next time out until it went dead and i had to change batteries. another thing that will affect it i supposed is whether you clear the hole before breaking through, how many times you clear it before breaking through, do you run the drill when you are clearing it, do you clear it of ice with the drill after breaking through or use a scoop, etc...

when kickem said only 10-12 holes with a 5 amp, i immediately chimed in and indicated my experience was quite different.

it doesn't catch fish for you though. i still suck at that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 28
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9