Keep your cool at the ramp

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seen a tic tok with a guy with a gun coming into the ramp bitchen-- didnt fire it but pointed.

This world ---- i am so glad i am on the other side age wise.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe its because I generally only use ramps that are primarily used by fisherman rather than the recreational crowd, but I feel like ramps have actually been calmer over the years compared to what they used to be where I frequent. Its been along time since I've seen a shouting match.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have had two times that I really wanted to choke someone. Once with a foul mouth woman that should never wore a bathing suit and once with a drunk that thought I was catching all "HIS" fish. Just walked away cause you cannot argue with stupidity. Karma caught up with foul mouth the same afternoon so that made me happy to the point of laughing ad giggling out loud in her face. One for the books and still makes me smile. LB

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nation wide,public water access lacks launch etiquette, amazing how some weekend water warriors pull up to launch and start the fire drill un tarpping,unloading vehicle etc while folks smart enough rigged before approaching launch ready to launch but stand down while ass wipe blocks the launch.

Good humor from a distance on a hot summer day with a cooler of cold ones,but im retired,cheap humor,things do get heated,

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You tell me if i was in the wrong. i have told this story before

Severe Thunderstorm moving in i ran from pelly to creel at wot i come in creel everyone is out tubing and toonin. Nobody really paying attention to storm that is moving fast. I roll into henegar and it is a shit show people trying to get to the dock.

I pull up on the rocks with skill and Jump off wife takesj over the boat (she isnt scared of lightening :) I run up on the rocks to get my truck and get in line with my truck.

I get major swear words at me and more so my wife. I get backed down and people in other boats remember and try to block her. No time to f around -- vehicles were 4 wide Luckily it started hailing and they forgot about us. We got away from the ramp covered my hood with a blanket. It turned into a complete 1000% shit show i went to help but needed a snowmobile helmet as the stones got big.

Then the NW wind came up huge. You would of needed three movie theaters worth of popcorn for the show that went on then.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive never had an issue at the boat ramp, but I have had more than one issue with boats trying to fish right no top of me when Im shore fishing the river south of bismarck. One boat kept cranking right in front of me, so I cast out a daredevil and snagged their line and cut the lure off and tossed it on the sand, guy wasnt happy about it, but he did come retrieve his lure. I told him if he doesnt back off, next time there will be a 3oz weight flying at his boat and he left...

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ive never had an issue at the boat ramp, but I have had more than one issue with boats trying to fish right no top of me when Im shore fishing the river south of bismarck. One boat kept cranking right in front of me, so I cast out a daredevil and snagged their line and cut the lure off and tossed it on the sand, guy wasnt happy about it, but he did come retrieve his lure. I told him if he doesnt back off, next time there will be a 3oz weight flying at his boat and he left...
With the way you look, I would probably leave to.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
they were mad at me as they were not willing to ruff up their keel --- idk but to drop off people on the one and only dock come on man

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You have these guys that dont give one shit about anything. I dont get it and they certainly do not get the outcome of what happens to their soul.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Too many of these hot heads out there nowadays and they fly off the handle at any little thing.
Saw a guy blow up at a restaurant a while back, it was all about the waitress never set his plate down soon enough as she had others at the table whose plates were first. Totally uncalled for and the place just got quiet. I said to the guy just relax, the waitress only has two hands and one of them is full of plates.
He gave me a dirty look and opened his mouth and was about to say something back and I said to him, I think you have made enough of a scene for today. He closed his mouth and never said another word.
Needless to say, I kept an eye on him for the rest of their meal until they left. Didn't trust the guy.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am not sure why, but people just seem to be more of a "eff you" crowd nowadays. We see it in the news on a regular basis. Seriously, just eff the consequences....weird.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s in the air. Somethings is definitely different.

DakotaGreg

Established Member
I have only ever had help and offered help at boat ramps. I fish alone so people sometimes offer to hold my boat at a dock.

Montana once enjoyed uncrowded spaces. Its not special anymore. Its like everywhere else. The hate against out of staters is real too. "Go Home, Montana is Full" is a popular bumper sticker. Well public land is available to anyone who chooses to use it, including people who aren't descendants of the original Montana settlers.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34