knives

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I judge people real hard when in someone else’s kitchen and their knives are dull as shit. Regardless of brand. At least attempt to keep an edge on them man! It’s a weird ocd type deal for me.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I visit someone for a few says and am expected to cook... and not a sharp knife in the house I seriously have to fight off rage.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually quit using a the hand held accusharper becuase not all knives have the the same angle as the tool has which means that you can actually change the angle of the edge which can cause the knife to lose it edge faster. Example: my brother unintentionally used the accusharper on my leach knife which actually made the blade duller I use a steel honing tool or a diamond encrusted honing tool followed by a ceramic honing tool

- - - Updated - - -

With this system I bet you could even figure out how to sharpen utility blades

https://wickededgeusa.com/?utm_camp...xwiML6JNviPgFIZNSOzTgSbNC1xA0xuwaAk95EALw_wcB

1577583932308.jpg
Kidding

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually quit using a the hand held accusharper becuase not all knives have the the same angle as the tool has which means that you can actually change the angle of the edge which can cause the knife to lose it edge faster. Example: my brother unintentionally used the accusharper on my leach knife which actually made the blade duller I use a steel honing tool or a diamond encrusted honing tool followed by a ceramic honing tool

- - - Updated - - -

With this system I bet you could even figure out how to sharpen utility blades

https://wickededgeusa.com/?utm_camp...xwiML6JNviPgFIZNSOzTgSbNC1xA0xuwaAk95EALw_wcB

84XZ1rzk.jpg
Kidding

that looks like the cat's meow!!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's exactly what that is can be set up to sharpen any angle
Also this unit could be used to sharpen your auger blades to the exact angle to give it that razor sharp cutting edge

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does look like it would be a good sharpener , but man you could sure have alot of money tied up in one. $80 for a set of hones.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been happy with my victorinox knives have the chefs and boning knife. Not real fancy but for the price seem to be good. I use a worksharp sharpener to get them sharp. Then I have a razors edge mousetrap steel that works great kind of spendy for a steel but is easy to use and works couple strokes through it and knife is sharp again.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does look like it would be a good sharpener , but man you could sure have alot of money tied up in one. $80 for a set of hones.

A guy would almost have to set up a little business with that outfit to make it pay.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tramontina makes what seem like good knives to me. Especially, for the $. Question for you sharpening folks. What is a foolproof way to determine the existing bevel/angle on a knife?

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tramontina makes what seem like good knives to me. Especially, for the $. Question for you sharpening folks. What is a foolproof way to determine the existing bevel/angle on a knife?

Go online to the mfg. website and check the knife specs and see if the bevel is listed. If not call mfg. customer service.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
thank u all for the information! looks like ill be going to check these knives out locally.

where do you live?

Wusthof is great. Shun would be better. The santuoko STYLE of knife is what people are calling the scalloped edge. Those scallops are like blood grooves on the old hunting knives.

I need a worksharp. I'm no good with a steel, and am not very good with a set of sticks. (here's my mancard, guywhosmoremanlythanme)

We had a knife block, with a full set of later-model Chicago cutlery. Most of the knives were unused, and still managed to unsharpen themselves. We have slowly replaced knife after knife. I actually tossed the whole block, and unused knives, just before Christmas. We kept the steak knives.

My wife bought a whole new set of Le Creuset s/s pots and pans, but bought it piece by piece, so she only bought the ones she wants. Same with the cast-iron enameled cookware (same mfr). All great stuff. I would suggest "building" your own knife set in the same way. Buy the ones you want, and don't end up with ones you don't.

We also have two Furi Coppertails, which are great kitchen knives.

Oh, get yourself a cork drawer-insert, so you can store your knives in a drawer, without them touching each other. You're welcome.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88