Kovash marine

westwolfone

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you want to talk to the owner go to the bar in the Moorhead Mall (Vics) after 5.

I have bought parts thre and had them work on a motor and was satisfied. Can't afford to buy any of his boats :)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my thought when stuff like that happens?... thank you Lord for steering me clear of the lemon I was about to buy

Finaddict

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last year I traded a 2009 Warrior 193 for a new Warrior 2090 with a 250 Suzuki. Pat was a great dealer to work with. He is busy guy so to keep things from falling through the cracks, I put everything I wanted in writing, including the agreed upon price and gave him a copy with a deposit. When the boat was delivered, on time, it was perfect. Couldn't have been happier with the boat or the deal.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Welcome to the world of sales.... happens all the time and it sucks.

A few years back I test drove two vehicles at Eide Ford (used cummins trucks).... couldn't make up my mind so I sat on it a week and came back to test drive them both again. One the way back I told my salesman which one I wanted. Another salesman had a guy sitting on the same truck from three weeks earlier, saw me back for a second test drive, and while I was on the test drive he got his buyer to put a deposit on the truck. I was super pissed and not at my salesman, but it is what it is. Like trucks, there are a ton of boats out there too. You may not get this one, which may have been exactly what you wanted, but you'll get one close to it or better.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
unless there is more to the story I dont think you got screwed.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Okay so the issue is that I had went and looked at the boat last Friday evening. Everything is good on the boat minus a few minor issues. They were closed on Friday when I looked at it and then were closed for the weekend. I called them Monday afternoon and told them I was going to purchase this boat. I was not able to talk to the owner at Kovash as he was out of the office. They asked if I could send them what I found with the boat through e-mail. I did that on Tuesday. The return e-mail I received stated that they had a deal pending on this boat even though they knew I was going to buy it. I could not put money down as I live 3.5 hrs away and wanted to make sure they would fix a few issues. The guy called them back later that afternoon and bought it. Long story short they fucked me out of this boat. Im pissed off about it is all. Pretty shitty thing to do to a guy.

- - - Updated - - -

That and I have been asking to talk to the owner on the phone but I only receive e-mails from them. Not sure if its the owner sending them or not. Im thinking not just by the way some of the info in them is.

You snoozed, you lost. They sold it to the easier customer. First cash always wins. You have nothing to be angry about, truly.

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya...I know I didnt put any money down and fucked myself by doing so. But I guess I come from if you tell someone you are going to buy something u give it a day or 2 and get the other inyerested parties number in case the original guy backs out or you never hear from him again. That was the original deal we had on Friday. I know I lost out and am pissed but like guy says it could be for the better. Just a shitty way of going about things in my eyes.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ya...I know I didnt put any money down and fucked myself by doing so. But I guess I come from if you tell someone you are going to buy something u give it a day or 2 and get the other inyerested parties number in case the original guy backs out or you never hear from him again. That was the original deal we had on Friday. I know I lost out and am pissed but like guy says it could be for the better. Just a shitty way of going about things in my eyes.

So was this boat going to have a salvaged title since it was totaled out by insurance? If so it would have been way over priced. I have heard of 50k boats getting totaled out because of swamping and insurance selling them back to the owner for 5k. I bet they made a killing on this boat if they bought it from the insurance company.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try selling something on Craigslist. People always say they're going to buy something and then you never hear from them again. I'd would be great if a mans word was actually worth something, but it's not.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah - typical great sales guy behavior

"yep, sure, we can do that... no problem. Yes."

all can-do and goodness until you ask hard questions or have an issue - suddenly they shift attitude, aren't chatty kathy anymore, don't have time to address issues, pretty darn busy, gotta go, etc.

honestly - sales people really make me scratch my head how they can be so maleable

sorta like politicians

Old Crumudgeons make us salespeople scratch our heads lol :)

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try selling something on Craigslist. People always say they're going to buy something and then you never hear from them again. I'd would be great if a mans word was actually worth something, but it's not.
I sold my motorhome this spring. I had a guy sign a bill of sale and give me a check for $500. The next morning he called me and said he couldn't get the rest of the money and he wanted to back out. He seemed like a nice fellow so I tore up the bill of sale and the check(I should have taken the 400 cash he offered from his wallet). At the end of the day it miffed me a bit, but I didn't want to stiff him for 5 bills because he got too excited and then had buyers remorse. I ended up selling to another guy and had him go straight to the bank and deposit to my account. You live you learn.

Buckmaster81

Founding Member
Founding Member

I am in sales and I always want to take people at their word, and with many their word is gold, but there is getting to be more and more people that will lie, backout or keep shopping after "making a deal". Its sad but unless I know someone really well I now have to get money down or no holds because its not fair to me, the other salespeople and other customers to hold a product for someone who might or might not come back.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put a deposit on my boat while I was at work. It took longer for me to read off my numbers than it did to drive there after work. Most places will refund you if you choose not to buy. Just easy insurance on getting the rig you want. Live and learn.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Old Crumudgeons make us salespeople scratch our heads lol :)

Grumpy-Old-Man-240x300.jpg

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've bought a couple different used outboards from him. never had issues or felt like i was mistreated. as mentioned before they were extremely busy and didn't really have time to chit chat.

Kovash Marine LLC

Hey Josh,

Sorry about the confusion. I had multiple buyers looking at the boat. You had the opportunity all weekend to email me you would take it. My email is always on. I also never got a call from you until almost quitting time Monday, by that time it was sold. I understood you were upset so I offered you a brand new Skeeter 2060 at my dealer cost. It has been a very busy year, and look forward to you calling us to close the deal. My offer on a new Skeeter still stands, even with your posts'. I would be upset too, it was a great deal. Thank you for your inquiry. I look forward to hearing from you. I understand your frustration, things move very quickly here.

Respectfully,

Pat Kovash
Owner

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 175
  • This month: 156
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 64