KVD of walleye fishing?

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you get you balls tied Ahab? This makes me "woozy". What the hell does one scratch in the morning after this procedure? Your ass ain't good enough and I surmise you'd drop to your knees quickly succumbing to automation.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you get you balls tied Ahab? This makes me "woozy". What the hell does one scratch in the morning after this procedure? Your ass ain't good enough and I surmise you'd drop to your knees quickly succumbing to automation.

I can still scratch it all. I got some bad ju ju in my lower back.

Plain Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tommy Skarlis

This was my first thought too. I have fished with him and he is a goofy cat off the water, but on it he is serious. And when I say serious I mean it not a lot of fun, but it is a job to him so it has to be that way.
I saw that he forgot his crawlers this morning so that may explain why he shit the bed today.

Still_Learnin'

Founding Member
Founding Member
In all seriousness; bass guys never completely joined the church of Buck Perry. The NWT would achieve some cross over if it eliminated trolling, live bait and to some extent; nets. Just waiting for BASS to allow nets. Many bass tournaments now allow them. Gay.

Actually, almost ZERO bass tournaments have any rule against nets. BASS is the only organization that has a rule against it. In fact, it's only the upper echelon of BASS, called the Bassmaster Elite Series, that has the rule. The BASS Opens and everything lower is exactly the same, as far as rules go, as any other bass tournament organization.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't think there ever will be a guy as dominant as KVD in the walleye world. Here is why I think that. Walleye are schooling fish on many big bodies of water that pro tourneys are fished on. Take Erie for instance. You'll have half the field fishing the same school of fish. Skill definately plays a factor but I think in walleye fishing luck is a bigger factor than it is in bass fishing. Don't get me wrong luck is a factor in all fishing just a little more so in the walleye game. Back to half the field fishing the same school of fish luck is gonna play a huge part in who gets the big bites. In bass fishing at times all 100 anglers will be fishing different fish. Some may be useing the same tactics but different areas at different depths. It really comes down to who can figure out the puzzle the best. Catching bigger bass is more of a puzzle. Bass are spot fish, walleye are schooling fish. When you have a school the finding fish part of the puzzle is already solved in some cases not all. Unless a certain walleye fisherman figured out a real out of the ordinary technique and kept it secret I don't ever a see a KVD in walleye fishing.

Very well said!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree completely. What Sprengel has done at his young age is pretty amazing and has some KVD potential.

One thing you have to take into consideration, and this may piss off a few walleye pros is, can you really consider them pros? Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you have the money you can be a walleye pro. To be in the BASS Elites (what KVD is in) you have to qualify and if you don't perform your kicked out so to speek. Not the case in pro walleye tourneys. If you decide you want to be a walleye pro its simply a matter of flipping the bill. Like I said someone correct me if I'm wrong on this.

This is correct. In the Elite Series, you have to finish in the top 5 in points in one of 3 divisions in the BASS Opens in order to qualify for the Elite Series the following season. And even then, you would still have to pony up the roughly $50K to pay the "entry fee" for that season.

- - - Updated - - -

Trolling equals watching paint dry. Hahaha

Fixed it for you.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
My biggest issue with pro walleye tournaments is the coverage. IMO they should have a camera on every boat, with a central command that can switch to any cam at any point. Even be able to talk to the competitors in the boat via additional equipment.

Possibly tape delay certain fish catches (similar to how golf coverage works).

I like watching it, but the entertainment value is much lower than it could be.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
My biggest issue with pro walleye tournaments is the coverage. IMO they should have a camera on every boat, with a central command that can switch to any cam at any point. Even be able to talk to the competitors in the boat via additional equipment.

Possibly tape delay certain fish catches (similar to how golf coverage works).

I like watching it, but the entertainment value is much lower than it could be.

Walleye are not very entertaining to watch the catch. They dont jump, make really long drag screaming runs, or anything like that. they stay deep and just come up. the biggest one feel like reeling in a log.
I like walleye fishing but to me the sport of it isnt there like bass or even pike for that matter. i like sight fishing and casting at structure.
early season and Devils lake walleye is a blast. pitching jigs and crank up into the shallows.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 152
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53