Landowner issues

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Totally hypothetical situations, but instead of a slough what if it was a big ROCK on a section line...

#$%^&>
You could nail a game warden doing that. ;:;popcorn I know guys in Stutsman county that have fenced gravel roads. Arrogance has few limits. Put padlocks on the gates too. Through roads, not dead end. The family is famous for it's attitude of self importance.

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
You could nail a game warden doing that. ;:;popcorn I know guys in Stutsman county that have fenced gravel roads. Arrogance has few limits. Put padlocks on the gates too. Through roads, not dead end. The family is famous for it's attitude of self importance.

And I know "sportsmen" that have entered posted pastures and left gates open and let cattle out that were hit on the gravel road..............so indeed plainisman, arrogance and ignorance has no limits. Your point?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
And I know "sportsmen" that have entered posted pastures and left gates open and let cattle out that were hit on the gravel road..............so indeed plainisman, arrogance and ignorance has no limits. Your point?
Me too.
Point? I guess my point is we have all seen the complaints about bad hunters. We even agree. It's just time to call a spade a space and understand there are bad landowners too. Some put rocks in roads, some drive rods in prairie trails, some fence off public roads, some are great people. What was your point?

gst you want the worst example of a landowner. One who tells everyone one of your children was only to get out of Viet Nam. They disconnect the life support on that son tomorrow. Some people are little more than animals. That's an insult to animals. That's your buddy gst.

Last edited:

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
Plains, my "point" has always been the same. My prayers go out to your son and family. The rest seems pretty insignificant.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
To PrairieGhost may the good Lord be with you in these hard times. Prayers sent to your family. May the wounds heal.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me too.
Point? I guess my point is we have all seen the complaints about bad hunters. We even agree. It's just time to call a spade a space and understand there are bad landowners too. Some put rocks in roads, some drive rods in prairie trails, some fence off public roads, some are great people. What was your point?

gst you want the worst example of a landowner. One who tells everyone one of your children was only to get out of Viet Nam. They disconnect the life support on that son tomorrow. Some people are little more than animals. That's an insult to animals. That's your buddy gst.

Not quite sure on what your last part is all about, but I am guessing it might be about your son, and am very sorry to hear about that.
Cant even imagine what you are going through, stay strong, your son would want it that way. God bless.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with gst completely, but on another note if I were the land owners who had a bunch of people driving across their land to fish I'd be pissed and do the same. Some people have respect but most don't. I know the one lake that is being talked about and you guys bitch about Wisconsin guys coming in in hoards..... scooby was over run overnight... went from a hidden gem for a few locals to I bet being fished out by next winter... this is the reason I fish for northerns in the winter. Not because I like them but I'd rather sit on a lake with a couple locals then have to put up with a bunch of idiots that have thousands invested in gear and have a brain the size of a quarter!

I was looking at the fishing water list for north dakota which states that Scooby lake is a new lake that has been stocked with walleye. Strange that Scooby lake would have any perch in it.

- - - Updated - - -

SCOOBY LAKE (McLean County): .5 miles south, 1 miles west, .3 miles south of Benedict. New fishery, with a good
number of small- to medium-sized walleye

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
PG,
So sorry to hear that your son is not doing well. I remember the day well that we had to unplug the machines keeping my bride's oldest son alive, he fell just a few weeks short of his 40th birthday. My bride suffers over that to this day and will forever as long as she is alive. I know how hard it was/is on me and it is always worse on the Mother.
Prayers out to you and him and both of your families. If there is anything we can do, don't be afraid to ask.
May i ask what hospital is he in?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thank you BBJ. Our son passed away last night at 7:00pm. This site and others are a good distraction. The state of denial isn't that bad either.

Last edited:

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
No parent should ever have to bury a child. I pray that your families can find comfort and peace.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 28