Lasik

Gr8tz

Established Member
Finally biting the bullet and getting Lasik done tomorrow morning, just curious to those of you that I’ve had it done, or know someone that’s had it done, what the recovery time was like I would sure like to be in the Treestand Friday evening or Saturday morning. It’s not too often we get the first weekend in November to still be bow hunting without rifle hunters

GSP

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had PRK done in 2012. I took a nap after the procedure, woke up about 2 hours later and was seeing close to 90%. By the next day, I was 20/20. If it goes well, you should be fine hunting Saturday morning. The worst part is wearing those goggles...

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had PRK done in 2012. I took a nap after the procedure, woke up about 2 hours later and was seeing close to 90%. By the next day, I was 20/20. If it goes well, you should be fine hunting Saturday morning. The worst part is wearing those goggles...

You sure you had prk done? It's the one they burn through not cut a flap. Anyways if ya have the mask flap cut u should be good to go. I had the prk done and it took awhile before I could see worth a shit. But everyone is different. Either way whatever one it you have you will love it. I would do it over again in heartbeat.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish I would have done mine earlier is my only bitch. I fought contacts for 10 years...

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to say that I am jealous you guys have type of eye sight that allows for such a wonderful procedure. Me ,not a chance, i have farsightedness with an Astigmatism which makes it impossible for corrective surgery.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had Lasik done about 4 years ago. best fricken move ever. I had the procedure done, went to the hotel and slept for a couple hours, woke up and went out for dinner. Everything had a haze around it but after dinner I went back to bed. Next morning I woke up and could see perfectly. Drove from fargo back to stanley that morning and the only complaint that I had was that my eyes were really sensitive to the sun so sunglasses were a must. It ended up costing me about $3200

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For me I would say I could easily see good enough within a couple days that I would have been able to shoot my bow. Never tried as I had it done in the spring and it was 15 years ago. Within 2-4 days I was seeing very good and it got a little better as the week went along. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. The one thing I did notice was the outdoors was brighter. Now I wear sunglasses often. So much easier to be outdoors when the weather isn't so nice with glasses on and not have to worry about wiping them clean.

There are some who are not candidates for the surgery and some won't have the success of others but for most of population it is a reasonable choice. Pain involved, none other than writing the check for payment is the most painful. That being said, since I haven't purchased a pair of glasses or contacts in the past 15 years I'd bet I'm at least even or maybe even ahead of the game..

Good luck.

Sluggin_Guts

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had it done about 2 years ago. After the procedure I went back to the hotel and laid in the dark for an hour or two until the light sensitivity went away. That night the wife and I went for supper and then a movie afterwards. You'll no doubt be hunting this weekend if everything goes as planned.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had it done about 2 years ago. After the procedure I went back to the hotel and laid in the dark for an hour or two until the light sensitivity went away. That night the wife and I went for supper and then a movie afterwards. You'll no doubt be hunting this weekend if everything goes as planned.

Ditto! I have my 3 year checkup this coming January. Had mine done in Bismarck...very little discomfort. So nice spending $3 now for reading cheater glasses. But I sure can see a great a long ways away. My last checkup still had my vision at 20/10, which is friggin awesome. I too regret not doing it earlier after paying for contacts for so many years. Driving at night can be sensitive for a bit and I do have what is called “dry eye”, where my I tear up when walking sometimes.

The cost of prescription glasses these days is nuts. Talk about a markup!

Good luck......but enjoy your new vision..

325 WSM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had mine done in Bismarck by Dr. Bagan, will be 4 yrs in Feb. When I went in I couldn't read the big E on top of the eye chart without my contacts, immediately after surgery when the Dr. helped me sit up after the procedure I could read the clock on the wall, albeit fuzzy but I could still read the clock I was amazed. Best money you'll ever spend, & there's no doubt in my mind you'll be enjoying your tree stand this weekend. Good Luck

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the ghostings, halos, double vision, etc after getting LASIK some 12 (?) years ago. Pretty much everything bad that could happen, I had at least a little introduction to. All but the dry eyes have gotten better with time. Now I need readers and take Xiidra for dry eyes, but I would do it all over again. Prior to LASIK, I always carried at least one extra pair of glasses in my pickup. And, I'd be lying if I didn't say that I contemplated how badly it would suck if I were out miles away from the pickup in the badlands and lost my glasses. I may have legitimately had a difficult time finding my way back to the pickup in some of the areas I hunted.

So yeah, I'd do it again.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went in for a Lasik evaluation about a year ago....they basically talked me out of it. Said I would be exchanging 1 prescription for another. I am 51 yeas old so you pups should definitely get it done whilest you are still young and can buy yourself some years of good vision.
Are there any other geezers out there that got it done later in life (after 50)?

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I went in for a Lasik evaluation about a year ago....they basically talked me out of it. Said I would be exchanging 1 prescription for another. I am 51 yeas old so you pups should definitely get it done whilest you are still young and can buy yourself some years of good vision.
Are there any other geezers out there that got it done later in life (after 50)?

I did it 4 months before my 50th. It was a birthday present to myself. I even have a 2 $250 off coupons to give out as a referral gift from TLC Laser Eye Center.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I was past 50 when I had Lasik surgery. No problems, a little dry eyes after the surgery and used drops for maybe a month. No halos. no night-vision problems, 20-20 vision to this day. Surgery was about 15 years ago. However, not everyone is a candidate for the surgery. Depends on your eyes, some are better for surgery than others. Have a family member who wanted the surgery but was told their corneas would not stand up to the surgery.

Gr8tz

Established Member
Surgery went off without a hitch and can see perfectly today, just us little slight fuzziness. Sitting in my living room now trying to decide whether I’m going to go out in the snow and wind and try to get the big one.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe I got mine done in March. Greatly appreciated the cooler, damper conditions than I probably would have the hot dry days of summer.

I say get a pair of windshields on your face and get out there!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 117
  • This month: 100
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 46