Legal or not?

CrankB8

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wondering if I'd be in any trouble for going down the highway with HDS8 possibly obstructing view. Thoughts? To

Attachments

image.jpg

camoman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Doesn't look much different than some of those crazies with giant GPS systems mounted on their dash.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes it is legal nothing different than a turn by turn navigation screen

- - - Updated - - -

Looks cool

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it on a RAM mount? Could maybe just tip it downward in front of the clock there when you are in motion. I'd think that would be a little distracting if you were driving with it sitting there, if you plan on having it on while highway driving. If on only while on the ice, I'd just get a mount you can take it off and on easily and just put it on there when you hit the lake. Could be pretty bright sitting there when it's dark out.

My thoughts anyway.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the po po pulls you over for this, I would suggest not trying to reach, and struggle for their gun.

shouldn't be illegal, near as I can tell. mrs johnr has some big screen deal right in her dash, I have a baseball cap on the top of my dash blocking just as much windshield as that thing is.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Minnesota you could get pulled over. Had a buddy with a ZZ Top key chain hanging from his rear view mirror and he got pulled over for it.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the po po pulls you over for this, I would suggest not trying to reach, and struggle for their gun.

shouldn't be illegal, near as I can tell. mrs johnr has some big screen deal right in her dash, I have a baseball cap on the top of my dash blocking just as much windshield as that thing is.

please tell me it is not orange.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
please tell me it is not orange.

haha

My cap is blue with my business logo on it. In my mind someone might walk by my parked pickup, see my cap, and decide to do business with me.

When I am racing down the road, and giving people the finger I put the cap on the passenger seat...haha

I was pulled over recently and it was never brought up, I also have a air freshener shaped like a full sized crank bait hanging from my mirror, that is no issue either, but I do kinda dress like a hobo

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Minnesota you could get pulled over. Had a buddy with a ZZ Top key chain hanging from his rear view mirror and he got pulled over for it.

Reason 178 why Minnesota sucks:;:stirthepot..

No idea if it would be legal but if the law is anyway suspicious they will find something to pull you over for.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hanging things from your mirror in ND is also illegal. I've had law enforcement give me a hard time about a small trinket I brought home from Japan. It was a travel souvenir that is supposed to bring good luck while driving. Must work, I haven't had an accident with the pickup since I came back from the Far East, that's going on 23 years now. Before that I tended to wreck one about every other year.

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
The cop cars/trucks have all kinds of shit in the dash, on the dash and near the dash blocking there view.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
Your avatar has blinded me good lord man I will not be able to drive to the lake tomorrow. You and Lycan having an avatar war, Dark versus Light, I mean heavy?

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
She is lucky skin isn't worth money. That honey would be in trouble.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The cop cars/trucks have all kinds of shit in the dash, on the dash and near the dash blocking there view.

You do know they operate under a different set of rules, right? Not that I condone the double standard, just noting its presence.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 155
  • This month: 145
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 53