lever action users

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just to mention when i started hunting in 59 my dad had me use a 222 that i believe is one step up from a 243. (had one of them in a model 88). But then he gave me a 30-30 94 and told me to stop shooting when the deer is down or i am out of bullets. Put many of 7 rounds out on one deer with that 94. db

Hamm's

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have several lever actions, but my favorite is a Winchester Model 94 Classic in 7-30 Waters. Good round out to 150-200 yards. Shot lots of deer with that gun. Shells are getting hard to find, though.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Back in the early 70's I was hunting in the Goverment pasture by Mcleod. Was hunting with younger brother and two of my brother-in-laws. We had reached the end of a drivable trail and got out of the pick-up and started planning on how to do some walking. When up jumps a buck dreams are made of, he wasnt 30 yards away. My oldest brother-in-law was packing his dad's 30-30 Marlin and he was the only one with a gun in hand. He yell's BUCK and starts "levering" never brought the gun to his shoulder. Every round hit the ground 20ft in front of him and I can still see every spent shell in the air at the same time. Worst case of "BUCK FEVER" I have ever seen and believe me he never ever lived it down. He is still knowed as the Rifleman to this day or CHUCK for short. The best of times, and I still laugh at the thought. LB

PerchEye

I have a .243 Browning Lever action and it is a sweet rifle. The old man also has a 7mm-08 lever action that he uses. We are both left-handed so it is nice for that aspect as well.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_0258.JPG
Can't beat a 336 for beating brush. Which is pretty much its job pushing deer during the final weekend of the season with other family members. I'd say 75+% of individuals in my extended hunting party have a Marlin over a 94 or other alternative when it comes to levers/backup gun.

I also have a Marlin 444 I got from my grandfather. Cannon for black bear hunting!

Get that finger out of the trigger guard! Haha

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Back in the early 70's I was hunting in the Goverment pasture by Mcleod. Was hunting with younger brother and two of my brother-in-laws. We had reached the end of a drivable trail and got out of the pick-up and started planning on how to do some walking. When up jumps a buck dreams are made of, he wasnt 30 yards away. My oldest brother-in-law was packing his dad's 30-30 Marlin and he was the only one with a gun in hand. He yell's BUCK and starts "levering" never brought the gun to his shoulder. Every round hit the ground 20ft in front of him and I can still see every spent shell in the air at the same time. Worst case of "BUCK FEVER" I have ever seen and believe me he never ever lived it down. He is still knowed as the Rifleman to this day or CHUCK for short. The best of times, and I still laugh at the thought. LB

^^^^This is real. One of the first hunting stories told to me about my uncle when I was walking behind Dad with frozen toes. Dad had an 8 Mauser and wasn't fond of lever guns. "Dangerous"

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoy shooting my Malin lever in 44 mag. I have always liked an octagon barrel so had to have a MarlinCowboy action when they came out with it. I built up my brass supply to about 300 and since straight wall cases last so longI don't think Ill ever run out. I didn't think I would ever part with this gun, but my nephew text me a pic that may change my mind.Screenshot_20210811-072419_Messages.jpg

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I enjoy shooting my Malin lever in 44 mag. I have always liked an octagon barrel so had to have a MarlinCowboy action when they came out with it. I built up my brass supply to about 300 and since straight wall cases last so longI don't think Ill ever run out. I didn't think I would ever part with this gun, but my nephew text me a pic that may change my mind.1000002191.jpg

Sell before Ruger re-introduces it.........

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49