Founding Member
Founding Member
I know bass are trash. Thoughts?...

Skip to 1:15:

Last edited:

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ban livescope and creek chubs and any 1 oz lead weight with hooks on it #$%^&>. Make fishing about being lucky again.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I watch/try to study/predict tournament outcomes. It's helped me over the years.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Seriously though, are these things really the shit? I've never used one or been fishing with anyone that's had one.

I watched a guy using one on a little lake in SE ND and he was systematically picking off fish left and right. It was pretty amazing to watch.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seriously though, are these things really the shit? I've never used one or been fishing with anyone that's had one.

I watched a guy using one on a little lake in SE ND and he was systematically picking off fish left and right. It was pretty amazing to watch.

Didn't you just answer your own question, haha.

Never used one in the summer, but for ice fishing they are the shit!!!

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This is my first year for me using Birds Mega Live. It's pretty dam amazing. It actually probably ups the frustration level even more as you know without a shadow of a doubt if fish are in the area, and yet you'll still find you can't get them to bite! I can't say for sure it's put more fish in the boat, but it's a great tool for any presentations under 1 mph or so. I love it for jigging and jig raps and it's pretty decent trolling or drifting live bait. you can also see how fish react or don't react to your bait or presentation which is pretty neat. at least it lets you know if your on the right track.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
This is my first year for me using Birds Mega Live. It's pretty dam amazing. It actually probably ups the frustration level even more as you know without a shadow of a doubt if fish are in the area, and yet you'll still find you can't get them to bite! I can't say for sure it's put more fish in the boat, but it's a great tool for any presentations under 1 mph or so. I love it for jigging and jig raps and it's pretty decent trolling or drifting live bait. you can also see how fish react or don't react to your bait or presentation which is pretty neat. at least it lets you know if your on the right track.
Fished in my uncle’s boat last Monday. He just put in the new Garmin setup. I have to agree with you. Even more than catching fish in a particular outing, it will help a guy learn fast. It reminds me of how much a guy can learn from using an under water camera when ice fishing.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
We bought Livescope with the 93sv UHD toward the end of the winter last year. We got to use it twice through the ice before the it started melting. Since I needed to upgrade the boat electronics, I put the transducer on the boat and made a livescope pole. It's been a great unit on the dash, but using the livescope didn't seem to work the best. I was told I need to use the 180 degree option and not down or 45 degree. They are awesome through the ice and just talking about it is getting me excited for hardwater.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see the advantage all spectrums of fishing -I would like to have the system; although will wait until its perfected better. Fish suspended hands down. My question is the lazy walleye that lays on the bottom of lake or that bass deep in the weeds. 2 of my primary targets.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I’m still trying to figure out, for sure, if this is as amazing on open water as the YouTubers will make you think.

For ice fishing, I am sold. Still debating between livescope and Mega 360 for the boat.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still waiting for a nda community member who has one to post videos or pics of how it works when fish are hugging the bottom. I do like the idea though of being able to look for schools of active fish 100+ feet away. That would be ideal for me since I prefer to run and gun in my pickup.
Ps you can post videos directly to the nda website now no more third party apps

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am still waiting for a nda community member who has one to post videos or pics of how it works when fish are hugging the bottom. I do like the idea though of being able to look for schools of active fish 100+ feet away. That would be ideal for me since I prefer to run and gun in my pickup.
Ps you can post videos directly to the nda website now no more third party apps
You see fish hugging bottom better than you do with a flasher.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes I have read this before kw, but it would be nice to actually see it. I am white trash and people I fish with don't even have a vexilar. I think this is the real reason why people are hesitant to share actual pic/videos becuase if you did more people would be willing to sell their left nut or a kidney to get it. But we have a members only part so it wouldn't be sharing with the whole world. Facebook probably has more vids but I don't Facebook. I do watch YouTube vids on the livescope users but nothing is in depth which I totally understand why. But here we are different because we are family.😍

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m still trying to figure out, for sure, if this is as amazing on open water as the YouTubers will make you think.

For ice fishing, I am sold. Still debating between livescope and Mega 360 for the boat.
After watching the Bass Masters in Mobridge last summer, I can see they are the future. I'm not sure exactly how they have them rigged on trolling motor but they have it pointed forward and are casting to fish.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just saw one tonight for the first time being used. pretty cool just don't know if 3400.00 cool.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Livescope, panoptics, Mega 360, good , bad, ugly. What the 'h" is the difference and what is suppose to be better. I'm about a grand short of whether worth it or not.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I put a new minnkota in the boat in 2021 with iLink. Last year added a pair of Helix's and pulled the trigger on Mega Live. I went this way because they are linked/share screen. I have and kept the older pair of Lowrance HDS's. They're too old for LiveTarget. I like the Mega Live.

The other brands are a little clearer. Unless you're constantly adjusting and sitting still I don't think there's much difference.

It is awesome to pop a few holes, take a gander, move the cursor to where you're seeing fish, then use the GPS to drill right on top of them. I can't wait for Lake Winnipeg.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member

How soon do you want to buy either for your boat? The reason I ask is I bought the mega 360 ice bundle with the helix 9 last year. I still would like to play around with it more but have been thinking of selling it and buying a livescope. I'd sell just the mega 360 transducer or the whole thing. I think you'd rather run it on a bigger display in a boat but the 9 is just fine for ice fishing. Its awesome for seeing the bottom and the structure. It took me a while of adjusting the contrast and sensitivity to be able to see fish but once I did its pretty cool.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84