Mobridge ice tournament 2024

Jim Simmers

Established Member
A month away, will there be ice this year? This will be my 17th year and only once has it been canceled. Who is going because even if we cant fish, we still need to be there.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ice update for the tourney. There is a skim half way across the lake in mobridge.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should start planning a just-in-case poker tournament and use your entry fee for that. Start lining up tables, chips and dealers now.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh, and I seen a boat on the RR grade on Saturday in Mobridge.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
They should start planning a just-in-case poker tournament and use your entry fee for that. Start lining up tables, chips and dealers now.
That would be a wreck organizing and regulating that

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let the guys who run the one in Timber Lake do it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Let the guys who run the one in Timber Lake do it.
Even if you put 10 people at a table you would need 105 tables and then you would have to find 105 dealers. Then you would have to have enough chips matching decks of cards. Then when you get the booze flowing you would need security as you know there would be fights. The timber lake one has maybe 100 people in it. I would not be opposed to just doing all the drawings friday night then we dont have to go back on saturday

Jim Simmers

Established Member
Even if you put 10 people at a table you would need 105 tables and then you would have to find 105 dealers. Then you would have to have enough chips matching decks of cards. Then when you get the booze flowing you would need security as you know there would be fights. The timber lake one has maybe 100 people in it. I would not be opposed to just doing all the drawings friday night then we dont have to go back on saturday
you would need at least 175-200 dealers so they get breaks. But it would be fun. If we dont fish, which I kinda dont think we de, it would be run to get a few guys together that play some poker. If you get it together i will be there.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
you would need at least 175-200 dealers so they get breaks. But it would be fun. If we dont fish, which I kinda dont think we de, it would be run to get a few guys together that play some poker. If you get it together i will be there.
The logistics of it would be so hard to get with that much money involved its over a 100 grand in entry fees. If they dont have im guessing will drink alot friday maybe get up depending on hang over go shoot pheasants and then go saturday night

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question did Mobridge have a derby tourney for the 2021 season, or did they cancel becuase the ones it charg were scared of the coof?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing one at each table could deal if not just let the dealer chip deal.
If you used the entry fees to pay out it would be $118,125.00 in the pot even if you cut that in half there is no way cheating would not run rampant. Hell people cheat to win the thousand dollar first place in the tourney and imagine having real money on the line. There is no way to even finish the poker game in the time people are here. You would have to start each person with 5 chips not even enough to watch any hands. There is not even room any where in mobridge to set something up like that. Have you ever been in gym for the rules meeting there is hardly enough room now with people stacked nut to butt.

Jim Simmers

Established Member
The logistics of it would be so hard to get with that much money involved its over a 100 grand in entry fees. If they dont have im guessing will drink alot friday maybe get up depending on hang over go shoot pheasants and then go saturday night
put how much cash do they give away? Not 100% 0f the entry fees. Thats the money we play for instead of raffling off the fish prizes.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
put how much cash do they give away? Not 100% 0f the entry fees. Thats the money we play for instead of raffling off the fish prizes.
Even for that amount where would you do it. I have played poker tournaments with way less people that took two days of playing cards for over 12 hours a day. You would have to start in Thursday and go through Sunday. It’s a nice thought but just not feasible.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 155
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88