New bow string

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any recommendations on what bow string manufacture to check out, Mathews Hyperlite. Had Scheels put vapor trails on a couple years ago and have never been happy with them the old stock strings were 10yrs old and never had problems. I know strings and cables stretch and need adjustment after a while but these just have not impressed me, doesn't help that it is near impossible to a Scheels guy to touch the thing (whole other story, going to just get my own equipment to learn how to work on my own stuff). Bow has been well taken care of but it does have lots of shots through it outside of this year I haven't shot much till recently. Had a guy that I feel really knows his stuff talk highly of Unbound Archery strings made with Vec 99 material any other suggestions.

Thanks

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beings my string and cable length is not marked on my bow I did a little google search String=86in Buss Cable=32in. I'm guessing this is correct but what is the best way to verify it?

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Catfish customs,they use Vec 99 on thier personal bows,have never heard anything negative about catfish.Really considering going with Vec 99 myself,just seems wierd to not wax a bowstring.
Lots of good string makers already mentioned,most are going to be 120-130$ a set.
I read article written by the owner of GAS(Griggs Archery Solutions) that he employees 27 people,so probably one of the larger custom string builders.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84