NFL News (Vikings)

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
They feel like the Bison....wear you down, snuff you out...finish strong on the ground. Conservative play calls the last two weeks, I think they knew the D would win them the games. Save it for the playoffs. SKOL!

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
::beavisnbutthead::::beavisnbutthead::::beavisnbutthead::::beavisnbutthead::::beavisnbutthead::::beavisnbutthead::::beavisnbutthead::::beavisnbutthead:::crazythumb:::beavisnbutthead::

- - - Updated - - -

Superbowl

ha! when hell freezes over!

they may get there ----- and set the new record for Super Bowl losses 5

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally, I like the Viking's chances of winning the stupid bowl as much as any other team left playing.

But to be the best, you're going to have to line up the best in the league and beat them. That's never an easy thing to do. For as they say in the NFL...on any given Sunday. Shiite happens, I am just old enough to remember when the Vikes as a wildcard team beat the 49ers when they had no business doing so, they were like 9-7 and playing a much better 49ers team.

Philly has homefield advantage, but with the loss of Wentz, I think NC, NO, or the Vikings can all win in Philly.

What I don't like are the Vikes chances against either Pitt or the Pats in the Super Bowl. I think both of those two would have the VIkes as the underdog.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha! when hell freezes over!

they may get there ----- and set the new record for Super Bowl losses 5
Yeah so what then we will own two more records out right most times and only hometeam to host the super bowl in a brand spaken new stadium.

- - - Updated - - -

Allen if we make it to the superbowl there will be noway afc beats us

- - - Updated - - -

We will get either saints or Panthers it's go8ng to be hard to be the vikes at home

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Vikings will get the HIGHEST seeded team that wins. Philly gets the LOWEST. If the Rams win, Vikes get the Rams, since they are the 3rd seed, other winner won't matter. The only way the Vikes play Saints or Panthers is IF Atlanta WINS. Philly will lose to any team in the playoffs IMO.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lest we forget, the Vikes have already beaten half of the NFC teams left. And IMHO, they really threw up a stinker in Carolina so more than half if you include themselves. Not something I'd expect them to do again.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I can understand the naysayers who keep referring to the Vikings and their 4 losses in Super Bowls. Do you think that matters to this team. I doubt that any of them were even a twinkle in their daddy's eye the last time the Vikings were in the Super Bowl. Hell this team probably doesn't even know what the old Met Stadium was or where it was located.

It is true that anything can happen once the playoffs begin. We are at a stage when any team is good enough to beat any of the other 11 teams. Who puts the best 3 or 4 games together from here on out will win the Super Bowl. History also suggests that the teams with the best defense has an edge in the playoffs. Minnesota certainly has to be considered in that category.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
....said the guy who's team isn't in the playoffs. Regular season games matter too if you want to get there, just sayin'.

They were talking playoffs games and not regular season. Yes regular season games count to get you into the playoffs but once the playoffs start its a whole new game. Look back in history and find out how many times someone beat a team in regular season and they got taken to the wood shed in the playoffs. Can't make the playoffs every year as you well know! Just sayin'.
The Pack might finally be getting rid of their DC Capers which should have been done 5 years ago. Now we can finally pick in the upper half of the draft and not at the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

I can understand the naysayers who keep referring to the Vikings and their 4 losses in Super Bowls. Do you think that matters to this team. I doubt that any of them were even a twinkle in their daddy's eye the last time the Vikings were in the Super Bowl. Hell this team probably doesn't even know what the old Met Stadium was or where it was located.

It is true that anything can happen once the playoffs begin. We are at a stage when any team is good enough to beat any of the other 11 teams. Who puts the best 3 or 4 games together from here on out will win the Super Bowl. History also suggests that the teams with the best defense has an edge in the playoffs. Minnesota certainly has to be considered in that category.

Absolutely correct!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
they'll find a way to screw it up they always do
Yeah I'm waiting for the epic fail. I refuse to get sucked in to the Vikings hope only to be crushed yet again. I will be happy when they hoist the Lombardi trophy, until then it's just the vikes toying with my emotions as usual.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were talking playoffs games and not regular season. Yes regular season games count to get you into the playoffs but once the playoffs start its a whole new game. Look back in history and find out how many times someone beat a team in regular season and they got taken to the wood shed in the playoffs. Can't make the playoffs every year as you well know! Just sayin'.
The Pack might finally be getting rid of their DC Capers which should have been done 5 years ago. Now we can finally pick in the upper half of the draft and not at the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely correct!

Losing in the playoffs isn't always an Epic Failure. I understand its SB win or bust, to most. But unless you blow the SB like Atlanta did last year, I don't 2nd place as bad. Certainly not an Epic failure. And yes Vikings fans are all expecting to be let down, the odds are in favor of it. Vegas has Vikings as 4 to 1 to win it all, only one team ahead of them, Pats 2-1. I think that's pretty accurate. But a 1 in 4 chance is pretty good, I'll take it.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see it now. NFC championship game. Vikes score with no time left on the clock to bring it to within one point. Kicker shanks the extra point and they loose by one ;:;rofl

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can see it now. NFC championship game. Vikes score with no time left on the clock to bring it to within one point. Kicker shanks the extra point and they loose by one ;:;rofl

Ev5rSFE.gif

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member

Or miss a chip shot field goal to win the game, or worse yet miss a chip shot FG to ice the game, then prevent defense and the other team goes down and wins it. We've all lived it before, the home NFC championship game in the late 90's was the worst.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you guys ever watch those old super bowl games highlights of the purple people eater.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are you talking about Anderson missing his only field goal of the year?

Or miss a chip shot field goal to win the game, or worse yet miss a chip shot FG to ice the game, then prevent defense and the other team goes down and wins it. We've all lived it before, the home NFC championship game in the late 90's was the worst.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 25
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 8