NFL News (Vikings)

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya AND the missed chip shot by Walsh against Seattle a couple years ago. And I could go back to the dropped TD in NFC CHAMPIONSHIP game in Washington, who later breezed in SB.

- - - Updated - - -

OR I could go back even further. I was pretty little but I remember the ending of the NFC championship game in MN against Dallas. You know the 'Original' Hail Mary where the Dallas receiver pushes off and Dallas completes a desperation pass to win. Who then went on to win SB. A few years ago NFL Network replayed that game, I can't believe how much the Vikings dominated the game, just not on the scoreboard. Man how much the game has changed since then was another eye opener.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
This drives me so nuts. How many times have you seen a team go 80 yards in less than a minute on the good ol' prevent defense.

Anyway, my prediction is that Vikes play Atlanta to get into the Super Bowl against New England.

ha ha ha - many years ago I tried to become a fan, it was in the Prevent Defense era (maybe 20 years ago?).

The announcers directly mentioned the vikes were going into their "Prevent Defense" and I watched as the other team scored on them easily. I knew then that I did not have what it takes to become a dedicated fan of any major league sport. : )

I will never ever forget how dumbstruck I was watching the other team get 3-4-5-6-7 yd gains over and over and over again from their end-zone into the opposite end-zone.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
This drives me so nuts. How many times have you seen a team go 80 yards in less than a minute on the good ol' prevent defense.

Anyway, my prediction is that Vikes play Atlanta to get into the Super Bowl against New England.

The only way the Vikes play Atanta is IF ATLANTA wins two road games, and then in the NFC Championship game they would host Atl.......Man that sounds like the best shot for Minnesota to me......Go Falcons!!

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have something to say to those older gentleman who may have a better understanding of an era of past political issues. I am not here to judge one man's beliefs over another.
Is sports and politics a new phenomenon I wonder what it was like back in the sixties and seventies during the Vietnam era the most unpopular time in american history. Not just Vietnam also civil rights for all minorities it must of effected all sports back during this time.
So what i am saying nfl as a whole isn't all expressing the same views as some some are more respectful then others. The vikes never knelt during the anthem but they did join arms in a unified group. I like my vikes and I am proud to be a nd boy who supports the team.
Skol vikes

- - - Updated - - -

I agree mushky I also think we will play the falcons and we will play the saints at home. I don't see the panthers making it

- - - Updated - - -

The only way the Vikes play Atanta is IF ATLANTA wins two road games, and then in the NFC Championship game they would host Atl.......Man that sounds like the best shot for Minnesota to me......Go Falcons!!
same thing that happened the year Pittsburg made it and won it on the road.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Atl. will get blown out in LA...If by some chance they win that game, then they have a good chance in Philly, because Philly without Wentz just can't score. Minny beat Atl in Atl, I would really like the Vikes chances then......Go Falcons!!

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vikes would play Atlanta in Minneapolis

- - - Updated - - -

Only way vikes go on road is if they play philly in NFC title game

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can't see Atlanta getting by the Rams. Not even close in the Ram's house.

Boy was i wrong. Rams forgot to show up.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't say that to the 2005 Steelers or the 2010 packers (10-6) both teams went to the Superbowl and won it
Atlanta is 10-6

- - - Updated - - -

Falcons 6 losses the pats, dolphins,bills, vikes Panthers saints so that mean I like the falcons chances

Last edited:

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agreed. We don't need Brees and that running game indoors on turf. We have a score to settle with the Panthers and will do it at home. Although we also have a score to settle with the Saints from '09 and Brees/Payton are still with the team. Either way, I'll take the Vikes at home....

I hate Cam and the Panthers.....it'll be painful cheering for them this afternoon.

I wish I was a betting man now I want the Panthers to come to Minne

Last edited:

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The saints offense is looking pretty good right now the vikes d better be ready to play

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
The saints offense is looking pretty good right now the vikes d better be ready to play

At least whippin stick Peterson isn't around to choke and fumble the ball this time around! But yah Vikes D needs to continue to play solid, and the offense has to be able to put some TDs on the board.

Last edited:

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bring it on we are ready for the saints that was a sloppy second half for the saints the saints need to step up skol vikes

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jax vs Vikings in the Super Bowl. Mn win 3-0 on last second field goal. Heard it here first folks.:;:cheers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 31
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10