Nightcrawlers

Sparky2_1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Walmart's cooler was full last night. They had them all winter, I used them ice fishing worked for the crappies and a few wallys

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were thick this morning but were all angle worms half the size of good crawlers.

Not sure where you were, but down here in Abercrombie they're damned nice crawlers.

Fricken blackbirds gotta get a running start to get off the ground they're so full.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be happy to be able to catch them at night, You hunt a long time or a half a dozen up here. I'm raising some european crawlers that I think I am going to be happy with. A little smaller than The Canadian crawlers but they can stand temps up to 85-90 . Is there anyone local that sells Canadian crawlers in bulk ?

These European crawlers that you speak of aren't juiced full of steroids like the East German swim team of years past are they?:;:cheers

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I know for sure is they have been drug free for about 11 months, They could have been a few generations ago.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of crawlers, has the green crawler fad died out? I found out they make a mess and don't increase any odds of catching.

Last edited:

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't have to go in the grass for mine. I just walked a couple city blocks on the concrete and a couple side walks. It was easy pickings. They are not very fast when they don't have grass to get ahold of.

thorson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife wasn't very happy when she found out I used the kitchen tongs to help grab em of the pavement!#$%^&>

- - - Updated - - -

The wife wasn't very happy when she found out I used the kitchen tongs to help grab em off the pavement!#$%^&>

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
KDM you need to teach your hens to catch and release into a bucket. you be a richer man.:;:thumbsup

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife wasn't very happy when she found out I used the kitchen tongs to help grab em of the pavement!#$%^&>

- - - Updated - - -

The wife wasn't very happy when she found out I used the kitchen tongs to help grab em off the pavement!#$%^&>

That's a heck of an idea them little shits are a pain to grab off the concert.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
KDM you need to teach your hens to catch and release into a bucket. you be a richer man.:;:thumbsup

Ha!! I bless and curse them things in the same breath, but in either case, I don't think these feathered heathens will produce enough financial gain to make a bit of difference, but I sure do like the fresh eggs in the morning I can tell you that much.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lay them on top of bedding. The ones that crawl down are good to go. Discard those with poor vigor.

what a great word, glad I found a way to use it

#wordscore! I love nightcrawlers! I caught pike, crappie, gills, and bigmouths on them the last couple days.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unloading the delivery truck this morning I saw at least a couple dozen that didn't escape those heading for home in the wee hours of the morning.

Shadrap65

Founding Member
Founding Member
Found these guys taking a swim this afternoon in the parking lot. 0419161509a.jpg

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys that have good soil are fortunate to have nightcrawlers like you do after it rains. I don't have squat in my yard for crawlers..angle worms, yes but they are very small. I have an acre and its pretty shitty to find worms. I have too much sand for soil in my yard. I tried the electric worm shocker to night, only to find out I could dig them up faster than the electricity could get them out of the ground, cannot believe how small the worms are...think all the damn birds took all the good ones....lol

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iv'e never tried 12 volt shocking but I have an inverter and 110V will have them out in about 30- 45 seconds. It's gotta be real wet for shocking them out.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Speaking of crawlers, has the green crawler fad died out? I found out they make a mess and don't increase any odds of catching.

I liked those green ones --- I always thought they did better on sak. Bring em back!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51