No trespass

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Opening day of wr deer I have not seen a pick up in 3 years or a person but it is 1.25 miles till you get to the good stuff. I enjoy hard hunts a lot of people quit where I start

#humblebrag

- - - Updated - - -

:::

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well this seem to prove that social media has truly killed our ability to talk about anything. If you cant find a decent place to hunt in ND your not looking. If you cant find a place to fish in ND your either blind are not looking. ND still has abundant wildlife and places to hunt and many lakes that are full of fish to catch. And I credit a truly remarkable Game and Fish department for making that happen. Has far as landowners are concerned in the 28 years I have lived in ND I have been turned down maybe three or four times when I asked to hunt. Most of the time I was told if I let you hunt here and some of the local assholes see you it want turn out good for me as I have run them off to many times already. I grew up on a working farm and that land is as important to the land owner as the garage you have that ranger boat parked in. Grow up get a life and treat people and the game you chase with a little respect. No telling how many doors will open. I have to tell you all I'm ashamed to be in the category of hunter / fisherman with at least half of you...
Who are you preaching to? I agree hunting is still very good in ND and that’s why we need to preserve what we have. A no trespass law would not be a good thing for hunters.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Opening day of wr deer I have not seen a pick up in 3 years or a person but it is 1.25 miles till you get to the good stuff. I enjoy hard hunts a lot of people quit where I start

over-the-top-52a66effa7b9a.png

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

isn't hunting after sunset illegal? :;:cheers

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kurtr Opening day of wr deer I have not seen a pick up in 3 years or a person but it is 1.25 miles till you get to the good stuff. I enjoy hard hunts a lot of people quit where I start

chucknorris.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
isn't hunting after sunset illegal? :;:cheers

Nope you get a half hour after.

as the great mike lawrey says don’t hate the player hate the game

- - - Updated - - -

Why is his hat not on backwards that’s when shit got real

- - - Updated - - -

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Kurtr Opening day of wr deer I have not seen a pick up in 3 years or a person but it is 1.25 miles till you get to the good stuff. I enjoy hard hunts a lot of people quit where I start

tumblr_mluop9M1ck1rbqf7to1_500.jpg

fucking A

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member

Surprised you need to walk so far with a 6.5 creedmore in your side. I’m also surprised you could lug a 12 lb gun that far.

bronco

MM I agree that the posting Law benefits both he hunter and the landowner that doesn't want to be bothered. I like the law as it stands. I was preaching to the guys that blame either landowners are other sportsmen for not being able to hunt/ fish or whatever. We have it good here I honestly don't get their Bitch

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry the current posting law.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Forgive me if this issue has been beat to death already, BUT if the No Trespass law is passed here in N.D. Couldn't the Game and Fish provide hunters with a landowner guide with all property owner information and phone numbers? Somewhat similar to the PLOTS guide but with more property owner information. It would take a little research on the part of the G & F to develop and prepare the guide, but it would be very helpful for hunters to have all of the landowner information, phone numbers, addresses, or even e-mail addresses, so we as responsible hunters could all contact the landowners to schedule permission and dates to hunt on the properties. Do you think this is reasonable? How do other states handle this issue?

after thoughtful deliberation I have made my decision

91GzZHM0L%2BL._SX466_.jpg

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
That’s the expression I have when I start my hunt 1.5. Miles in where the rest of the sissy’s head home for soup in a boot.

- - - Updated - - -

It’s 13

- - - Updated - - -

Creedmoor

That weighs more than my .300 win and .270 combined haha.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've been on both sides - grew up a local farm kid who could hunt anywhere i asked (awesome), then moved to a new place with no access (suck sandwich)... ugh...

so i bought a boat and fish right next to the land i couldn't hunt... :;:cheers

fwiw - walleye is way better than anything i ever shot...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am a red meat kinda guy. Walleye are pretty bland they just taste like what ever seasoning you put on them. Halibut and salmon now we are talking

Coldfront

Established Member
I use onX and it does have landowner names and their tax address. I personally have yet to see a phone number on a parcel but there may be some out there... I live in stanley so when I'm out scouting new places to hunt it's usually pretty easy to find the land owners contact info..

I use onX hunt also but the problem is that there is a heck of a lot of land that the tax address is out of state. Also there are LLp's, LLC's, ect., ect, that have an in-state address but that is it and the to top it off another farmer is leasing the land and they are the ones posting it. I talked to one farmer who told that the land he leases the land owners live out of state and he has to wait sometimes 2 weeks for the land owner to get back to him. There is not one single program out there tells you who is leasing the land and if the lessor doesn't sign it well you know the rest of the story. How do I know this? My wives family has land in a LLP and my wife is listed as where the tax papers go, we do not care who hunts on the land so we do not post it but she still gets a couple of requests each year.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use onX hunt also but the problem is that there is a heck of a lot of land that the tax address is out of state. Also there are LLp's, LLC's, ect., ect, that have an in-state address but that is it and the to top it off another farmer is leasing the land and they are the ones posting it. I talked to one farmer who told that the land he leases the land owners live out of state and he has to wait sometimes 2 weeks for the land owner to get back to him. There is not one single program out there tells you who is leasing the land and if the lessor doesn't sign it well you know the rest of the story. How do I know this? My wives family has land in a LLP and my wife is listed as where the tax papers go, we do not care who hunts on the land so we do not post it but she still gets a couple of requests each year.

Have run into that a lot as well. Seems a good chunk of the unsigned posted signs I come across are parcels that have absentee ownership. My guess is a fair amount of that land gets posted by adjacent landowners just to keep people out of it or by renters even though they have no plans to hunt it. Obviously no real evidence to back that claim up but hey it's a discussion forum. Kinda sad because there's so much land that I've never seen a soul on; it basically sits there unused.

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys that rent land what does the contract say? I have seen where the renter has control over the land during the growing season. Meaning from crop in to crop out. After that they have no say during the hunting season there for they can't post it.

I knew one insident where the renter went after a guy for trespassing and it was thrown out of court as he didn't have the right to post for the hunting season.

Marksman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hate to say it, but I think advertising open land would bring more lazy/ slob hunters around causing more land to become unavailable.
Already have slob hunting. Had a pickup and chevy toco drive my farmsite chased a cow moose out and a couple of deer
called law enforcement they wanted a license plate number
the site was posted. And hunters want land to hunt

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 254
  • This month: 216
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83