One crazy hunting story.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Drug addicts, dead people..can't make this hunting story up!
Watch it when you get the time. "It's an hour long"
Also a lesson here on why you should never text or post a pic or video on the world wide web until it's dead!

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cool story thanks for sharing 55. Shows that alot of effort and persistence can pay off.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The cajónes to hunt in there and track in the dark.....whitetail fever for sure!

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got mixed feelings on the cell cams. I know they are all the rage but man they seem like a real unfair advantage. Kinda like having a gps collar on them at all times.

What a sketchy place. Surely the reason no one else was going after him. Surprised the hobos don't kill all the deer for food.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is a sweet buck. Urban hunting isn't my thing but this guy sure knows how to get it done.

Founding Member
Founding Member
@5575, your avatar buck looks like the same class of deer!
It's quite a bit bigger actually.
254 gross 240 5/8 net 154 typical frame with 88 inches of trash! Shot by a friend of mines neighbor, he actually took that pic.
Screenshot_20231205_162317.jpg

Last edited:

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got mixed feelings on the cell cams. I know they are all the rage but man they seem like a real unfair advantage. Kinda like having a gps collar on them at all times.

What a sketchy place. Surely the reason no one else was going after him. Surprised the hobos don't kill all the deer for food.
i was kind of shocked when he looked at his phone and said he just came through the hot gate. i never thought of using cameras while actually hunting.

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was kind of shocked when he looked at his phone and said he just came through the hot gate. i never thought of using cameras while actually hunting.
In wooded areas it's a game changer.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a deer. Its pretty amazing what they can turn into if given time to explode. Granted not all deer end up like this. But most never make it past 4-5. It would be interesting to know the age on both of these.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is it even legal to do in ND ? I can't fly a drone over the area and hunt the same day. Why would it be legal to use instant trail cam photo's or even live video ?

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Its getting to be FISH IN A BARREL type hunting with all the gadgets you can buy. Its like a video game you can eat in the end. Not for me. LB

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used cell cams for the first time this year and it wasn't to "jump into the spot once I saw the deer were there". It was to gather information in real time without pressuring the spot. When are they moving? Which direction are they moving as it relates to food or bedding, etc. I learned SO much from the feedback I got. Even so, we only filled 1 of 3 rifle tags. Still have to be able to time it right, have luck and weather on your side, and "seal the deal" when you do get a chance. I'm glad I took the leap and will hopefully be more successful in the future because of the knowledge I gained about deer behavior in pre-rut, rut, and post rut on the public land we're hunting. Also gained info on how pressured our spots are by other hunters.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84