Proposed Measure 5 changes (Medical Marijuana)

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
sounds like the feds are going to start raining on the states parade in regard to MJ. guess they ran out of shit to do like prosecute Hillary

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just don't want to be the guy on the road when that 16 year old that just got ther license lights up for the first time, that's the part that bothers me

And somehow a law prevents that from happening now..... Ya right. You've already probably drove by more high people than you realize. Eventually this country will allow it nation wide.

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah it's pretty shitty. My Mom has glaucoma (which is on the list for ND) and could benefit greatly from CBD oil. And get this, you can't get high from CBD!!....such corrupt bullshit. It's all about the god damn money and big pharma calling the shots. Very sad all around.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah it's pretty shitty. My Mom has glaucoma (which is on the list for ND) and could benefit greatly from CBD oil. And get this, you can't get high from CBD!!....such corrupt bullshit. It's all about the god damn money and big pharma calling the shots. Very sad all around.

Big money and big ignorance. It's frustrating to see people avoid the truth (or not know it) and then stereotype medical supporters as losers -Lazy -dumb- and what ever else they can dream up to make themselves feel good . Sessions knowledge about medical pot makes me sick, Worse yet if he knows and is getting paid under the table. Good to see a few states are giving him push back.

campchef

Honored Member
Follow the $$. The "cotton lobby" is one of the biggest foes to hemp farming in the US. They grow a shit load of cotton in Alabama

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is a blessing in disguise 90% of Americans are in favor of some sort of legalization of pot. So what this does is force the hand of the Senate and house to come up with an amendment once and for all. The genie is out of the bottle it's NEVER going back in so we must sign these petitions then we must vote for the best qualified politician to send to the capital. Sessions has forced our hand it's up to America to take back what majority of the country want already less federal government telling us what best for us, I still hve faith in Trump, that he will do the right thing when it comes to states rights policies on regulation of pot.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wouldn't blame Trump for digging his heels in and holding his grounds to send a message to Barron, That's what good dads do. He knows economics and has the power to take either side of the fence to his financial advantage. For the people, what is better in the long run, The seemingly endless war on drugs or taxing the shit out of it ?

- - - Updated - - -

FWIW I'm 100% behind the war on drugs but CBD oil in health food stores is a couple tokes over the line.

Last edited:

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big press conference yesterday. They drew some lines on a map. http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...s-marijuana-dispensary-regions-468892643.html

What a fiasco. All they they had to do was allow people with MM cards to buy, grow, possess, and use MM. Let the free market build licensed dispensaries and allow those dispensaries to operate "pot-mobiles" to get around the state. But no, the good old boys club decided this was another way to start a new bureaucracy and employ some more of their cronies.

I will probably vote yes if recreational makes the ballot this fall. We have spent more than 40 years and a trillion plus dollars fighting the war on drugs. In spite of that about every drug you can think of is available, even in small town ND.

- - - Updated - - -

I also believe that the pharmaceutical is also behind the opposition to MJ. They don't want people to have access to medication that they can grow themselves or purchase for much less than the meds they are pushing. The drug industry spends around 200 million dollars a year lobbying congress (535 members) and in a way owns the network news with all the ads they buy. We don't have to wonder how they get away with charging the prices they do.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be great if they put Oxy under these medical pot rules and put pot under the Oxy rules? It's ironic how one has caused very few deaths from abuse of it while the other has resulted in the government having to call it a national crisis.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pretty much nailed it. It's sad to see people in big places talking from the heart telling us that Fetuses feel pain during an abortion yet deny the same person a medical plant for pain because of personal interest and financial gain. .

Looking from the other end of the money trail you see how it turned into a paved road.

https://medicalmarijuana.procon.org/view.timeline.php?timelineID=000026

Disclaimer: I used abortion for an example of pain, Nothing more nothing less. Lets not go there.

Last edited:

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's really sad they're cracking down on cannabis while this opioid epidemic is literally killing people every day.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder how this legislature feels about being the cause of full blown recreational MJ becoming legal here.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
I followed it... their fucked up handling of medical will lead to the passage of recreational.

Reprobait

Founding Member
Founding Member
It will be interesting to see how much turnover there is at the legislature. Are there going to be primary opponents to some of these people that have been there forever? It sounds like Sec. of State Al Jaeger has one. He has been there since dirt was invented. Are people worried that they will incur the wrath of the party if they mount a primary challenge? When I see footage of the legislature on the news I see a lot of really old men.

Repealing the Blue Law that prohibits most retail stores from opening before noon on Sunday was an issue that almost passed in the last session. That may also be on the ballot this Fall. They failed to listen to the people on MM, they failed on property tax reform, and mismanaged the oil boom. Are people going to be upset enough to make some changes? I really don't think it would be a bad thing to have a few more democrats in Bismarck. The GOP needs to feel a little heat in ND and in the recent past they haven't.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I followed the logic but just don’t know if that makes any difference. What about the way they’ve handled the implementation of the medicinal law makes you think that a recreational law would be accepted and worked on in any faster of a manner.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I followed the logic but just don’t know if that makes any difference. What about the way they’ve handled the implementation of the medicinal law makes you think that a recreational law would be accepted and worked on in any faster of a manner.
I would think an initiated measure that makes it full blown legal in any way shape or form would bypass the legislature. All means, growing, distribution, etc. legalize the whole damn deal. what are they going to do? F-em. They shit in their own cheerios.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 144
  • This month: 143
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 51