Pulling Boat Docks early?

Wally World

★★ Legendary Member
Can anyone explain who and why they are pulling the boat docks out on the river this damn early? The fall fishing is just starting up and no frick'n docks? The river doesn't freeze over until late November!

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Call the entity that operates the ramp and talk to them. Typically USACE or county.

Care to share which dock has been pulled?

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree they must be bored why would they care as mentioned above it never freeze's till December. Pain in ass for as low as river is plus hard on glass boats running up on shore or need hip wadders.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
It might be a lack of employees and they have to pull so many docks they have to start early to keep some from freezing in.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh well they're just giving everyone a preview of what it will be like after that ramp is bulldozed to make room for the tax dollar extraction scheme proposed there.

https://www.kfyrtv.com/2023/05/18/riverfront-projects-full-steam-ahead/
I've been to places where the riverfront has been developed similarly to the suggested. The one thing they all have in common is a warmer climate. Tough to imagine a venture needing to live off of June, July, August and maybe a part of September being viable around here. One question I have though is: where are all these river recreators going to park? Doesn't exactly look like they are including parking for the average Joe to use the big sandlot or the river shoreline.

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ah you're not familiar with Lord Burgum's main street initiative. We are all to consolidate ourselves into densely packed cubes and access the provided amenities on foot, bicycle or scooter. No vehicle parking required!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been to places where the riverfront has been developed similarly to the suggested. The one thing they all have in common is a warmer climate. Tough to imagine a venture needing to live off of June, July, August and maybe a part of September being viable around here. One question I have though is: where are all these river recreators going to park? Doesn't exactly look like they are including parking for the average Joe to use the big sandlot or the river shoreline.
I guess its like golf course here in ND, they make it on the 5 months its usable, sometimes its as high as 7 months.
Outdoor pools, outdoor concerts, rodeos, etc. we have a disadvantage for sure, however it somehow works out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88