Representative Dockter

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
explain this again? Who at the state approved this?
I don't know who was the state contact I can only assume it was either Stenehjem or possibly his assistant Liz Brocker. It was General Drew Wrigley, Stenehjem's replacement who disclosed the overrun and that Stenehjem’s state email account was deleted days after his death in January 2022 at the direction of his executive assistant, Liz Brocker, who later resigned. A prosecutor declined to bring charges for the deleted emails.

I don't know this as fact but I assume the lease was written up on a per sq ft lease rate based on a initial rental rate with % increases based on the final cost of construction or remodel, I have witnessed leases such as this on many projects.

Again I assume this project went something like this:
Either the State contact or Jason Dockter the contractor requested the change order.
Jason Dockter the contractor wrote the change order
Jason Dockter the building owner approved the cost of the change order
Jason Dockter the landlord went to his contact at the state telling them the new lease rate.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
widespread studies based on standard measures of efficiency have found that fully remote employees are 10% to 20% less productive than those working on company premises.

State employees are not known for their production do you want them to accomplish even less than they do when on site ?
Depending on how you phrase your google search, you can find the exact opposite statistics. Found one that says fully remote workers showed a 30% increase in productivity compared to those working full time in office.

Having worked for the State of ND, I can assure you I would have been much more productive and efficient working from home. Commuting across Bismarck and then spending the entire morning trying to avoid the coffee strollers that would wander around shooting the shit until 10am every day really put a damper on my productivity.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Depending on how you phrase your google search, you can find the exact opposite statistics. Found one that says fully remote workers showed a 30% increase in productivity compared to those working full time in office.

Having worked for the State of ND, I can assure you I would have been much more productive and efficient working from home. Commuting across Bismarck and then spending the entire morning trying to avoid the coffee strollers that would wander around shooting the shit until 10am every day really put a damper on my productivity.
I think it depends a lot on management. No doubt if you have lazy managers and you are prone to underperforming, working from home could make that easier to do. Managers of remote employees have to do more than just walk around and make sure seats are filled, but if they do their job correctly there should be no loss in productivity for most jobs. Likely productivity can increase working from home. Also, you need to figure in the amount of money saved by not having to rent expensive facilities and decreased sickness from communicable diseases....

Really telecommute is a no brainer for many jobs these days, my guess is the people who oppose it the most are those who cannot do it themselves due to the nature of their jobs or managers who are lazy and dont want to monitor the actual productivity of their individual employees.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member

You made my point with the productivity of many state employees. while working remote may work for the self motivated it is not for those that need structure. Those you describe already have no problem wasting time and public money when they are being watched do you think they will change their habits when no one is watching.

agriffith

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha I know this is city but very similar..another thread talked about how bad the traffic lights were...there was a city employee on here reading the complaints....how did that turn out? Good example of hard worker trying to solve problems for the tax payor....we need less govt.. 😆

agriffith

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha I know this is city but very similar..another thread talked about how bad the traffic lights were...there was a city employee on here reading the complaints....how did that turn out? Good example of hard worker trying to solve problems for the tax payor....we need less govt.. 😆
Was this person the one you referred to as a D/S or the bobblehead?

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't recall...wasn't it a generalization of how well our govt works? I went for a drive today..you must have took the info to the leaders. Went from north 71st all the way to scheels....hit every single light in the process. Was fun..

agriffith

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't recall...wasn't it a generalization of how well our govt works? I went for a drive today..you must have took the info to the leaders. Went from north 71st all the way to scheels....hit every single light in the process. Was fun..
Just an FYI, I'm retired after working 44+ years in the private sector. You will need to look for someone else to blame for your travel in Bismarck.

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
40 min trip one way 😂 can get to Washburn faster than scheels from north 71st. Scheels isn’t going to like It when fleet farm opens up north 😬

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
40 min trip one way 😂 can get to Washburn faster than scheels from north 71st. Scheels isn’t going to like It when fleet farm opens up north 😬
It was kind of amusing. The lights would stop n/s traffic with lots of vehicles for zero cars east and west at one intersection.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It was kind of amusing. The lights would stop n/s traffic with lots of vehicles for zero cars east and west at one intersection.
This shit is all on purpose, some sick bastard is willing to screw his own travel just to screw everyone elses travel

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This shit is all on purpose, some sick bastard is willing to screw his own travel just to screw everyone elses travel
Lol I think it just shows the inept govt we have. I am sure there is some hired traffic engineer that gets patted on the back for a job well done when he/she is actually horrible at there job.....and it stays the status quo.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suggest that Bismarck should hire one of Fargo’s engineers to help out. I think there are grants available to help communities like yours come into the modern age of transportation management.

It’s not the engineer’s fault, they likely grew up in a backward rural “hillbilly” culture, where not riding a mule still seems strange.

They probably don’t even know how to spell, let alone use, a computer. But throwing grant money at the problem should fix it.

Yours truly,
Today’s Modern Progressive Politician

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I suggest that Bismarck should hire one of Fargo’s engineers to help out. I think there are grants available to help communities like yours come into the modern age of transportation management.

It’s not the engineer’s fault, they likely grew up in a backward rural “hillbilly” culture, where not riding a mule still seems strange.

They probably don’t even know how to spell, let alone use, a computer. But throwing grant money at the problem should fix it.

Yours truly,
Today’s Modern Progressive Politician
I resemble this

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Of course it's easy for me to poke fun. I'd rather be a Walmart greeter than attempt to solve something as complex as efficient traffic flow in a city the size of Bismarck - that's endlessly growing. o_O

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
agreed. but, there is nothing more frustrating and you would think easily solved than a light that changes for no traffic. i suppose its possible its a safeguard for a situation where a detector may not be working? not sure. happens a lot though. seems like pretty simple technology. left turn signals given for a lane that has no fucking cars in it is another.

looking back i got to wonder how we segued from dockter to traffic signals.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 254
  • This month: 216
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 98
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 71