Ruger Precision Rifle

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does anybody have one? Have or have not, what are your thoughts? I've heard good things, been considering ordering one in 6.5 creedmoor, but maybe I'll just buy another 7mag.

KurtR, help me on this one..

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, I can ID with the tune (sadly) and would recommend a .26 or.28 Nosler for your long range needs. Vandalay Industries LLC leans toward a .28 as it's the perfect diameter. I don't figure this is applicable to the Ruger Precision Rifle but still a consideration. I like beets.

Last edited:

Fracman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I held a 243 last week seem like it is nicely built comes with two ten round Magpul magazines. I have a 6.5 on order with no idea when it will come in.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Go to snipershide there under bolt section guns. There is about 10 pages of info. Frank ran it beside an ai ax and the ruger held its own so that is really impressive.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the help guys. I've been reading up on them for half the morning now. Gotta say they sound pretty impressive, especially for the price, and I like what Ruger is doing with this model. I don't know when, but I think I'll have to get one. In the meantime I'm refinishing the stock on my No. 1 so I've got something to keep me distracted at least.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Factory 1:7.7 twisted 243 is pure genius. That the chamber dimensions match the magazine constraints is even geniuser.

sbe2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looked at one in 243 with a night force shv scope on it. It looked like a nice design I liked all the adjustability on it and the trigger seemed decent on the one that I looked at. As a target rifle for punching paper or ringing steel it would be a lot of fun. A little heavy to hunt with but a nice setup for the money.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33