SB 2315 - In Cmte 3/14 - ACTION REQUIRED!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
we need a law preventing leasers/renters from being able to prevent people from entering the land. Only the owner should be able to do that.

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Kinda looking like last year was the last year I'll be applying for a deer gun tag and probably quit hunting geese and possibly ducks. I'll still apply for a bow tag as I do have a place to hunt them. And a friend has some good land for pheasants so I'll probably do a trip or two to his place. I believe there should have been a give and take. Not having to post has a value to landowners that they've never had before just like being able to hunt not posted land has a value to hunters. I believe ND should have done what SD or some other states do. If you want to not post your land, the price is the public gets to hunt road right of ways and section lines.

On the plus side, at least DL has great fall fishing so at least a person can do that without asking for permission.

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So what time is the vote today??

The supporters are trying to pull a fast one on the public. The bill was voted in the Ag committee last Friday but hasn't been passed out of committee for a floor action yet. I'm wondering if they know they dont have the votes to pass it and are holding back trying to get some legislators to change their minds. Every action with this bill has been to the last minute. When the vote is scheduled it should show up here and that changes all the time.
https://www.legis.nd.gov/lcn/assembly/legss/public/floorcalendar.htm?chamber=Senate

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Spurs2315.jpg

https://www.legis.nd.gov/contact-my-legislators

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a return failed to send email because one legislatures inbox is full. Keep up the pressure!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
One thing that all sportsman on NDA should see is a list of the groups that are pushing this No Trespass bill. Can any of you guys that are closer to this bill, post a list of the groups who are pushing this issue? Even if this does not pass the house, we are in for the same shit again very soon. I think it's time for some offense rather than waiting for the same bad bill to come up again and then all the sportsman do the "Oh shit we need to do something" If nothing else, we will know who to NOT support with our sportsman's dollars. Maybe we can add it to the list of Reps and Senators that have voted in favor of this bad bill?

Fish On!

njsimonson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Report now is that Rep. Tveit will be sneaking the bill onto the house floor in the opening moments of tomorrow's (4/11) session at 8 am, in hopes of catching some representatives arriving late and being away from the voting button - again, a highly unusual move for any other legislation - but not for the debacle of secrecy and sneakiness that SB 2315 has become. Get on the horn TODAY with your hunting buddies and conservation club members and make one last push to contact your legislators.

TELL YOUR REPS TO GET UP AND AT 'EM EARLY TOMORROW - AND TO VOTE NO ON SB 2315.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
If that truly is the case, sneaking the vote in early to hopefully have less no votes, that is fucking greeeaassy. Truly a slime ball move, and whomever is behind or supports that kind of shenanigans needs to gtfo of the house.

4CE33EB6-E32C-4217-BD5D-B6C6B1C07F3C.jpeg

Last edited:

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guys,
Don't forget to email your Senator also. This bill is much different than the bill that came out of the Senate. I made sure to email my Senator and tell him to support a NO vote with his fellow district Reps. My Senator responded back and said he didn't support this bill as amended by the house. Hopefully, the Senators can also put pressure on the House. I'm sure they have discussions at social events anyway.

Fish On!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Kinda looking like last year was the last year I'll be applying for a deer gun tag and probably quit hunting geese and possibly ducks. I'll still apply for a bow tag as I do have a place to hunt them. And a friend has some good land for pheasants so I'll probably do a trip or two to his place. I believe there should have been a give and take. Not having to post has a value to landowners that they've never had before just like being able to hunt not posted land has a value to hunters. I believe ND should have done what SD or some other states do. If you want to not post your land, the price is the public gets to hunt road right of ways and section lines.

On the plus side, at least DL has great fall fishing so at least a person can do that without asking for permission.
Some of the hunters that are in support of this bill are solely bow hunters. It doesn’t take a lot of work to get permission for bow hunting as you typically are hunting one property all year. A bill like this affects waterfowl hunters and pheasant hunters the most and most will give up the sport if a bill like this passes especially when they try to hunt the little public land that will become overrun.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some of the hunters that are in support of this bill are solely bow hunters. It doesn’t take a lot of work to get permission for bow hunting as you typically are hunting one property all year. A bill like this affects waterfowl hunters and pheasant hunters the most and most will give up the sport if a bill like this passes especially when they try to hunt the little public land that will become overrun.

I'll give it up when the few public pieces I hunt suddenly get overrun and it looks like Minnesota hunting again. Did that as a youth. Getting pellets rained on your head is never fun. Having another guy's dog steal your ducks from the decoys is less fun. Have said guys refuse to give your duck back is lesser fun, still.

Nope, there was a reason I moved to North Dakota. It was the freedom and opportunity to pursue the passions I love, without bothering others and while also being unbothered by them.

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
Report now is that Rep. Tveit will be sneaking the bill onto the house floor in the opening moments of tomorrow's (4/11) session at 8 am, in hopes of catching some representatives arriving late and being away from the voting button - again, a highly unusual move for any other legislation - but not for the debacle of secrecy and sneakiness that SB 2315 has become. Get on the horn TODAY with your hunting buddies and conservation club members and make one last push to contact your legislators.

Did you inform the mailing list of this tactic?

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
there will be a certain percentage of hunters that will support this for their own selfish reasons

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sent another e-mail last evening. Have heard back from several representatives (outside of District 30). The representatives that appear to be supportive of this bill highlight "property rights" and "building bridges between land owners and sportsmen" as their primary reasons to support the bill. I must have a different definition and understanding of property rights than do some of our republican legislators. I would much prefer to be able to make my own decisions relating to posting or access to our land without interference from government. After sending several e-mails to District 30 reps, I have received NO response from Nathe or Bosch. IMO, both are empty suits that are good at spending other peoples $$, but tend to go silent when controversy occurs.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member

2 things:

1) It should be a fucking crime for representatives to sneak shit through like this. This topic has really illuminated the type of shady politics to which some of these greaseball bastards will stoop. Selling people out always comes back to bite you in the ass.
2) It should also be a crime for representatives who were elected to be a voice for the people not to get their asses out of bed to be to work on time! They should ensure there isn't even an opportunity to sneak this type of BS by anybody. They should be taken to task for not being present to represent the folks who voted for them to show up for God's sake.

ndbwhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Listening to it now. Looks like 2315 will be coming up soon. There is a full house with only one absent.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84