Site speed?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I also run full site on android and it off of WiFi is extremely slow and like mentioned it's only this site. Since I have WiFi now it's not such a pain but when out and about it tends to suck. Must be and android thing for some reason.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's slow on wifi or cell. Just full site. I don't use the mobile site. And it's Droid on my phone and chrome on the laptop. But, I tried edge on my laptop just to see and it literally timed out before it loaded. I used to have the same problem on my old laptop too. Thought it might be isolated to that computer. It's clearly not. I complained about it before and consider myself somewhat tech savvy. But, this has me stumped. Its a functionality issue. Not, ano Internet speed or server issue. It takes way too long to be either of those. Sometimes it literally times out or takes a minute to load. Edit: now for a brief period it's lightning fast.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site has never been slow for me, ever. Here's some tips to make sure your computer will run as it should. Clear your cookies (your History). Delete all your temp files and cleanup all the garbage. Your own computer will determine site speed majority of the time. If you don't have an anti virus, quit screwing around and get one. It's 2016, everywhere you go there's somebody trying to hack your computer without you even knowing it. Sites will attach addware/malware and you won't even have a clue. Make sure your computer is secure. I run MCafee on all my computers and I also run Malwarebytes at the same time. Purchase a subscription for both, and you will never have problems, for the most part. I never have because I try and be secure at all time. Go through your computer and make sure the latest updates have been installed and are set to automatically update when new ones come in. Your not safe on the internet this day and age. If you run skype at all, theres people trying to attack your computer 24/7 and if you don't have ant virus to block it, youd never know. I get notifications of people trying to hack through skype 24/7. Follow the simple routine and your computer should me much faster. If you're on an old machine, it's time to upgrade or deal with the slowness.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've been taking care of my own computers since 1994. i do all of the above on a regular basis. they run like a top. except for this site. for example, it just took about 20 seconds to load the last page i opened here. its weird and has me stumped. as a last resort, i even tried disabling ad-block for this site. didn't help. just venting really. it won't stop me from visiting.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Site has never been slow for me, ever. Here's some tips to make sure your computer will run as it should. Clear your cookies (your History). Delete all your temp files and cleanup all the garbage. Your own computer will determine site speed majority of the time. If you don't have an anti virus, quit screwing around and get one. It's 2016, everywhere you go there's somebody trying to hack your computer without you even knowing it. Sites will attach addware/malware and you won't even have a clue. Make sure your computer is secure. I run MCafee on all my computers and I also run Malwarebytes at the same time. Purchase a subscription for both, and you will never have problems, for the most part. I never have because I try and be secure at all time. Go through your computer and make sure the latest updates have been installed and are set to automatically update when new ones come in. Your not safe on the internet this day and age. If you run skype at all, theres people trying to attack your computer 24/7 and if you don't have ant virus to block it, youd never know. I get notifications of people trying to hack through skype 24/7. Follow the simple routine and your computer should me much faster. If you're on an old machine, it's time to upgrade or deal with the slowness.

Pass this on to Hillary:;:stirthepot

Kenneth

Established Member

Nerd alert!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member

Nope its site specific and not something that can be changed by simple clearing the cookies. It's happening to multiple people on multiple platforms. I have zero speed problem right now but turn my wifi off and it takes so long it often times out just like it does for others.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nope its site specific and not something that can be changed by simple clearing the cookies. It's happening to multiple people on multiple platforms. I have zero speed problem right now but turn my wifi off and it takes so long it often times out just like it does for others.

Maybe it's the Internet telling you to take a break!

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just turned my WiFi off and it took 19 seconds to open this thread. Turned back on and it was less the a second. Must be some weird android setting the clashes with something on here. Very weird.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Just turned my WiFi off and it took 19 seconds to open this thread. Turned back on and it was less the a second. Must be some weird android setting the clashes with something on here. Very weird.

Thanks, yeah that is very weird. I'll keep poking around.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Try Installing Wordpress Fastest Cache V, and add on an image optimizer to compress files.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
ok. i think i mistyped on this issue. i had been claiming that it was slow on wifi and cell service. i forgot that i use a cell based hotspot at work as my wifi. so, upon further examination it is only slow when i am using cellular service to access the site. that being said... it is 4G and occurs on my phone (droid) and on my laptop (windows. both chrome and microsoft edge). additionally, it is definitely site specific. the shall remain unnamed other site is still lighting fast. the problem here is so annoying that i have found myself visiting that one occasionally the last few weeks. i've even gone so far as to log in and post. i apologize and have been saying 5 hail mary's and 2 our fathers every night as my penance. on days where i've posted, i also drink lots of crown to drown out the voices in my head associated with my guilt ridden conscience.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
All this slowness got my curiosity up. So I left the site, then out of internet totally. Then back in again. It takes me six seconds. I am running 15.5mg/sec. Now we may get fiber optic in our rural area so that would be 100mg/sec. Hmmm sounds good to me.
I don't know, but I am running a six year old computer. It was giving me problems so I bought a new one about 18 months ago. It's still in the box after I got this one fixed. I bought it with six gig ram, so maybe that's why it's still doing good.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
it probably wouldn't be an issue for you on your home internet PG. i'm gonna make a video.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
This site still sucks on my home lap top. I use a verizon mobile modem with 4G and it takes forever to load a page and most times asks me if I want to wait or kill it. Never seem to have an issue with any other sites at home like this one.

At work with wifi and it's just like other sites and very fast.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 27
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 8