Smooth move seats.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
i've ran the newer model smooth moves last year. They were nice and definitely saved the backs of myself and one passenger from the perils of riding in a boat with me. Are they big and clunky? Yes. Are they better than the previous version? Big yes. Wavepros are still probably the best on the market for ride and not taking up a bunch of space. Only issue I've seen is ordering the correct height.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
West,
I have it on an 186 Yarcraft. One of the best damn things I've bought for the boat. I won't ever have another boat without one. It basically takes all the work out of loading. No more reaching over the front to snap the winch and crank when your laying over the trolling motor. No more of my wife wading in the water to crank the damn boat up. She just backs down and I drive on until I hear the click of the latch and I wave her off the ramp. You won't regret spending the money. Oh and I don't want to jinx myself but not one issue and I've probably had it for 4 years.
Fish On!

How does this thing hold the boat tight to the front roller? Do you give it a half of a crank in the parking lot?

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sluggo,
I usually just use the Drotto latch. When you drive into it, it latches the boat up pretty tight to the whole thing. I don't go that far from the ramp to the cabin. I have never had any trouble at all. The only time I use the strap and crank is when I road it any distance on the highway. The Drotto itself has a spring loaded latch that you can definitely hear latch. It only unlatches when you put pressure against it and then pull the release. You cant release it without a bit of pressure on it. They work great. I have a bunk trailer and the boat sticks to that thing like glue. It doesn't move when I pull out of the water. Hope this helps.
Fish On!

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
ive spent the last 2 years on dvl in a 21-foot aluminum boat with solid seats im getting something before spring

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
For you guys that have the Wavepro's. Are there any secrets or any nuances to getting the right height for the pedestal? I've looked at these and been hesitant on the purchase because of no adjustment on the height. I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these things this spring when I can get into by boat to get a measurement. I'm going to upgrade my wife's pedestal also, but she likes adjustable for sure. Her existing seat doesn't adjust for her because she's not heavy enough to get it to go down. Any hints on a decent adjustable pedestal for lightweights?
Thanks in advance
Fish On!

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member

- - - Updated - - -

I only bought a wave pro for the driver's seat because if it is rough my wife isn't coming with and I don't care about my jackass friends. I spent the extra money on the model that can lock the seat from pivoting. This would be a nice feature in really rough water because the seats do spin really easy and I could see it being annoying as you're bouncing around but as a driver you are always holding on to something (steering wheel) so it is unnecessary and I never use it. I have had some back issues and this really has helped to make my time on the water more comfortable and enjoyable.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So the Drotto works good? I'm on the fence with that for the last couple years.

What kind of boat did you put it on? any issues.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Have on a Crestliner Sportfish , was very hard to adjust properly for good hookup, almost sent it back. Had to move winchstand ahead on trailer and winch up on the stand ( per Drotto Rep) Steep ramp, it will not hookup. Most occasions, it works well.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 198
  • This month: 168
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 57