Spell Check?

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yeah right. They don't teach kids how to spell anymore, largely due to the prevalence of spell check everywhere. My kids can't spell for shit.
I saw my kid spell the same word differently three times in a paragraph. Bright kid, but just doesn't give a shit about spelling. Getting better now. I pointed out to him that people automatically assume you are stupid when they encounter spelling or grammatical errors.

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I saw my kid spell the same word differently three times in a paragraph. Bright kid, but just doesn't give a shit about spelling. Getting better now. I pointed out to him that people automatically assume you are stupid when they encounter spelling or grammatical errors.
Along the same lines, us old folks are wrong on a lot of things these days. I, for one, will not let go of some shit that was ingrained (I typed "engrained" but spellcheck changed it. Google tells me both are correct) in my head for 12 years. Two spaces after a period (now it's one). Another is commas in a series...

I will always type "I like tits, ass, and beaver."
Now, it is "I like tits, ass and beaver."

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Along the same lines, us old folks are wrong on a lot of things these days. I, for one, will not let go of some shit that was ingrained (I typed "engrained" but spellcheck changed it. Google tells me both are correct) in my head for 12 years. Two spaces after a period (now it's one). Another is commas in a series...

I will always type "I like tits, ass, and beaver."
Now, it is "I like tits, ass and beaver."
Double space after a period....commas in a series....I can't change either!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I understand what people write then I find it more important what they say than how they say it. For some reason I often fall short when I reach for the L and get a K. I woukd correct it if I notice it.😏

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i grew up same time as most of you. maybe it was my particular school or teacher. but, i learned not to put a comma before "and" in the last word of a series. always 2 spaces after a period. those who use justification in any sort of legal or technical document can go fuck themselves.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
A comma before a conjunction is reduntant.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't like my spelling and or punctuation on here............................. then don't read my posts. 😬

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't like my spelling and or punctuation on here............................. then don't read my posts. 😬
^^^^ You're shit is fine. Don't be the woman fishing for compliments by apologizing for a messy house when it's immaculate.

Off to eat a bag of dicks and fuck myself: Cheers!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88