Spuds

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m sorry. I just felt like being a pain in the ass. A potato is a potato as far as I’m concerned.

that's like say'in a beer is a beer

soryR.PNG

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive been growing yukon golds in my garden for the last few years, I really like them. My mom doesnt and she wants me to start growing reds for her. I think shes insane. IMO shes just being a baby about the flesh being a different color but she swears reds taste better, Im not buying it!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
You Red River people must have palette's that are messed up. I'm stuck in Fargo, and every time I go outside I smell S.H.I.T

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
when it comes to spuds I like the waxy moist tenderness of the red - the texture is so silky smooth - almost like pasta or something

as opposed to the crumbly lumps of carbs from Idaho pretending to be potatoes

dank

I'm down with reds or yellows.

Cube them into 3/4" cubes, toss with some olive oil, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt and your favorite mrs. Dash spice blend (I like the salt free chicken blend) to coat.

Preheat a cookie sheet in an oven set to 430*. Pull out cookie sheet and place potatoes on sheet in single layer. Back into the oven for 25 minutes. I crank the convection bake at 450* for 3 more minutes until flesh starts to blister (sometimes they brown, sometimes not... all depends on sugar in spud).

If I'm cooking a meat in the same oven I like to drizzle some of the rendered fat over the top of the potatoes while still searing hot on their sheet.

Crispy on the outside with a creamy internal texture and delicious flavor.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I admit that Gold Yukon also has that waxy carb texture I like

their 1 micron thin skins are their Achilles heel

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yukon Gold. Nothing wrong with Norland potatoes. Both are very good. Russets are the ticket for lefsa.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a bigger piece of meat on your plate if you still have room for spuds. Rabbit food. #$%^&>

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pontiac are the king of red potatoes. They aren't the prettiest, but are the most tasty. Russets should only be fried. If you think otherwise, you have issues (please get help)
Bake at 475 for 45-60 min. Then the skin has some crisp. I grew up on a potato farm and went to school in Tater Town USA.
New potatoes are amazing because the skin hasn't set. Spuds are killed a few weeks before harvest to prevent bruising and improved storage.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 3
  • This month: 2
  • This month: 1