Stand or get fired

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is kinda sad that because we disagree on this issue, you say those comments and drag yourself to that low. Really shows the kind of man you are.

And Kick's comments are any different than your name calling and remarks earlier to other members? Yes it does show what kind of person he is in comparison to you and between the two of you I know which one I hold in much more higher regard.
Why in the world do you keep bringing Cheetos into this? Did you eat too many and get a sore mouth?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got the neg rep for not supporting the first amendment. Which I never said they CANT do there dumb protest I said I will use my first amendment right to not support them. The first works both ways but the homeslices of the world believe if it is not there way it is racist.....

d5274174444dc1ce47d150e0cf8bfadd177bacffd3796a27ab4912e3a4573416.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

And Kick's comments are any different than your name calling and remarks earlier to other members? Yes it does show what kind of person he is in comparison to you and between the two of you I know which one I hold in much more higher regard.
Why in the world do you keep bringing Cheetos into this? Did you eat too many and get a sore mouth?

liberals love to berate a person's hair/skin color if they don't agree with their policies

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I no longer watch these asshats. I don't miss em a bit, I just get to hunt and fish a lot more. win win

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Personally I think the NFL is in for a big low in the future.(ratings And revenues.) Which in my opinion is what they need. If you can't or won't police your people then good luck you deserve what you are getting.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The end game for the ideology behind this nonsense is to put an end to unity/cohesiveness of the American people. Sporting events are a way for people to get their warrior fix without killing. No more sports - we turn toward our own "excitment" of violence towards each other.

Divide and conquer is as old as humanity.

pic_giant_100113_A.jpg

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
9 minutes, the time it took me to run one mile this morning. All with espn on the treadmill tv. In those nine minutes, not one sports score was reported. It was all about this popularity contest cloaked in a protest. You have the nation, if not much of the world's attention. What is your plan of action? Donate money to big brother/big sister, renovate your old high school/clinic/neighborhood, or get your mug on tv? My point is, do something now. Don't preach to me about inequality when you're wearing a diamond necklace worth more than multiple yearly salaries.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
9 minutes, the time it took me to run one mile this morning. All with espn on the treadmill tv. In those nine minutes, not one sports score was reported. It was all about this popularity contest cloaked in a protest. You have the nation, if not much of the world's attention. What is your plan of action? Donate money to big brother/big sister, renovate your old high school/clinic/neighborhood, or get your mug on tv? My point is, do something now. Don't preach to me about inequality when you're wearing a diamond necklace worth more than multiple yearly salaries.

You hit the nail on the head. Dan Hammer was talking about that yesterday on the radio. Basically, OK, we get you're protesting. But you're doing it completely the wrong way. Everyone is talking about the act itself -- kneeling during the anthem -- and not about WHAT you are protesting. NOTHING is going to change (assuming change needs to occur) because the attention is directed in the wrong direction.

You truly want to make a difference?? Take your protest off the field and on your OWN time and set up a charity. Give back to the community. You're a multi-million-dollar making football star who commands the limelight whenever you so much as burp in public! Use that power for good! Sports stars have been doing that for DECADES with great success. The kneelers say this is the ONLY way they can be heard. HA! They took the easy way. Saw the reaction by the first now-jobless knucklehead and like lemmings threw themselves off a cliff. Well, good riddance. I like hockey better anyway.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
I felt the Cowboys and Cardinals did it right, I felt they were showing their unification of a team without disrespecting the flag or anthem … I didn’t get any sense that it was a jab at our president…
Did anyone else catch the biblical verse on Jordan Sparks hand during the national anthem … another example of an acceptable protest without showing any disrespect
I do however agree that if the NFL as a whole cannot get on the same page with whatever they decide to do it will end up costing them millions of dollars .. the product they are selling has been deteriorating for years …just think if they put as much effort into supporting inner city youth as they did to hurricane relief or why does it take a hurricane to raise so much money something like that should be done on a yearly basis…pick a cause and raise a boat load of money for it every year .. I know there are a handful of players and teams that give back but you want to show a sense of unification then do it league wide .. it’s just too bad the league commissioner is too much of an asshat for that to happen

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think you can go back and click on it to remove your like

just tried it, it shows an X on the like icon just click on it and it will remove one like not sure if it will notify homes lice that he had a like removed

Just seen this. It worked and now I feel better knowing I am not associated with his views.

- - - Updated - - -

how about the league do something to keep poor kids out of trouble?

All Professional Leagues not just the NFL. Don't single out just the NFL or your racist :::.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why don't these kneeling guys take a knee during the game when they have a wide open touchdown or just hand the ball over to the other team or let the defense take a knee and the other team can score that will show whitey

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Steelers Player Who Stood For National Anthem Defends Athletes Who Protested It - HuffPost
https://apple.news/AxxxpwTwJS5CrkfJsaqqoLw

It's unfortunate and just flat out dispicable that this man who served our country is now getting shit on by some of the same people who were literally just talking about how he was a hero just a couple days ago. Some of the very same people who said kneeling was disrespectful to the people who served are know being disrespectful to one of the very people who served his country. W T F? Why? Because he isn't with their side 100% like they thought he was?

Seems kind of strange that trump is talking about respecting the flag and those who serve but yet not too long ago he shit all over John McCain by saying he "likes people who weren't captured" and went after gold star families because he didn't like their opinions. Sounds awefully disrespectful to me and makes me wonder if for this was ever even about respecting the flag, national anthem and most importantly those who have risked or given their lives for what that flag represents.

I also have a problem with the president of the United States encouraging anyone to ignore the constitution he took an oath to uphold, and encouraging the firing of people for exercising their first amendment. IMO, there are a lot of things that have gone ass backwards, one of which is political parties seem to be more important to people than our constitution.

Look, I personally don't think the players could have chosen a worse way to bring attention to their cause. It could have been handled in almost any other way and I think people would be open to hearing their grievances, but as soon as they appear to be disrespecting our country, they just ended that conversation before it even started. I honestly don't believe their intent was to disrespect the flag or the people who served to protect what it stands for but that's how it came off to a lot of people and unfortunately now that conversation faces an even bigger uphill battle. I realize some on here will not like some of my opinions or me criticizing trump but it's just the way I see it and fortunately I'm self employed so trump can't encourage someone to fire me for expressing my opinions but you can give me negative reps though if that makes you feel better. This whole "you are either with us or against us" mentality is what I hate about politics and it has ruined civil discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't these kneeling guys take a knee during the game when they have a wide open touchdown or just hand the ball over to the other team or let the defense take a knee and the other team can score that will show whitey

Yep, kneel the first play of the game and that would have created the attention they wanted. Would have saved a lot of headaches for everyone but last I heard football players weren't being compared to Einstein so they chose a different route.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
is it not the employers right to fire any one who is protesting on their dime? There are consequences to actions. Would your employer pay you to protest if it was costing a bunch of money? If they want to fix social problems on their own time so be it but they are getting paid to do a job and i will exercise my first amendment right by not supporting them.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd like to know what changed his opinion in 24 hours. Before the game he felt strongly enough about it that he left his team in the locker room or tunnel and walked out hand over heart to respect the flag and the anthem of the nation he proudly served. Now he's out back tracking and apologizing for coming out and doing the right thing. How damn backwards is that marbleyes? We'll probably never know if he was pressured to come out and start apologizing. To your other point the first amendment allows for freedom of speech without the government being able to lock you up for such speech....I don't remember it saying anywhere in there that a private employer such as the nfl can't relieve you of your duties if it causes loss to the business. Guess we'll find out what side the owners and goodell really are on if people actually turn the channel as some already are starting to do according to the ratings coming out.

phillyblunt701

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit you guys wanna talk about cry babies....abunch of grown ass men on the internet acting like the cry babies. It's their right to kneel, get over it. You bitch when they March and protest, and you bitch when they silently kneel....get over it!

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shit you guys wanna talk about cry babies....abunch of grown ass men on the internet acting like the cry babies. It's their right to kneel, get over it. You bitch when they March and protest, and you bitch when they silently kneel....get over it!

and you bitch us out for bitching - how ironic

#circleoflifethanksobama

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do we have to get over it is it not our right to not get over it. Maybe if they would just "get over it" thinking every one is racist we would not have this problem would we not?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 1
  • This month: 1
Top Bottom