Storms

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
All I can think of is that we're on borrowed time as far as lack of mosquitoes around here. Methinks early season honker hunting is going to be particularly brutal now.
Good god they were so thick the other night well picking June berries that as I was heading home I thought there was someone having a bonfire but it turned out to be a mosquito swarm so thick you could see them from over a mile away.

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had hail in Lincoln both last night and this morning, mostly pea sized with a few up to nickel in both storms but no major damage at my place other then erosion in unfinished yard. Lots of rain and wind, the wind this morning driving the hail into house. Luckily looks like my new house made it thru its first hail storms. I think there was bigger hail this morning to the south of Lincoln from what I could tell on radar, I can only tell you what I had in Lincoln dukgnfsn

sierra1995

Founding Member
Founding Member
im a couple miles south of lincoln. pea size or marble size hail and lots of wind. No damage to the house but didn't sound good on the west windows. Corn field to the north of the development didn't look to good this morning. had 2" in my rain gauge from last night and this morning.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Three miles south of Bismarck. Some hail 1.5 inches of rain. The garden needed rain. It was just comical seeing the dopes with stalled vehicles on Expressway. Why do people think that their car is a boat?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
but it turned out to be a mosquito swarm so thick you could see them from over a mile away.
Chironomidae. In Africa natives call lake Victoria the lake that smokes. Its a breeding column. They can really mess up you windshield, car or boat.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
The corn field just north of 1804 north east of the house between the Buttes looked to be a completely shredded.

- - - Updated - - -

Here we go again. A severe thunderstorm warning and a flood advisory for localized amounts 1 to 2 inches with areas as high as 4 inches possible.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had rain and some hail and of course the ND high winds in NW Bismarck last night and early this a.m. It started at 11:55 p.m. last night here.

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had rain and some hail and of course the ND high winds in NW Bismarck last night and early this a.m. It started at 11:55 p.m. last night here.

Due to sleep being disturbed by storms the last couple of nights and the continual rumble of fireworks at about 10:30 last night, I closed all of the doors and windows, put ear plugs in, and slept like a baby. I do remember a rumble of thunder once but didn't realized it had even rained until I looked at the inch of water in the rain gauge this morning.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Due to sleep being disturbed by storms the last couple of nights and the continual rumble of fireworks at about 10:30 last night, I closed all of the doors and windows, put ear plugs in, and slept like a baby. I do remember a rumble of thunder once but didn't realized it had even rained until I looked at the inch of water in the rain gauge this morning.
It was weird in that the thunder never really got going around south Bismarck till the storm was done and then lingered for a couple hours after. Got right at an inch for last night so definitely starting to add up. Looks like the people down in Ashley's teeth are probably starting to float after the last two days.

Screenshot_20180704-110118.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove from Mobridge to Yates around 1:30 am right into the teeth of that sumbitch. The lighting was so bright my eyes wouldn't stay dilated. Rain gauge in Yates today was just over 2". Small hail in that storm also

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
100 mph wind in Mobridge. Just got done putting up a new dog kennel. It broke lots of shit. The Marina looks like a bomb went off.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wowza...this weather shit getting old...but....we finally got no rain last night, was a windy all day yesterday till after 10 pm, but on the 3rd it messed the evening of fireworks after the races, they called the mod feature after that had ran about 5 laps of a 25 lapper and it starting raining, not bad rain, just enough to call the races and no fireworks, but later we got heavier rains after midnight.
Gotta ask....who in the hell pissed off mother nature...lol....

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fields are pounded pretty bad from little Hart to about half way to Graner bottoms. Undoubtedly the same hail streak as the one over on 1804. Luckily it didn't take out any of the juneberries but I have seen a very definite increase in wood ticks so that sucks not to mention the ever-increasing Battalion of mosquitoes!

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks like there was another hefty round last night, several injured in Watford. Looks like the Tappen and Oakes areas had 3-4" of rain as well?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last Saturday night we had dinner at the golf course in New Rockford. That night they had 100mph winds and the news says there are 1000 trees down in town and you can't drive around. My brothers farm is in the Sheyenne valley and it took down some of his trees in the yard. The south 40 is 80% trees and he hasn't looked at it yet.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah that Watford City stuff is crazy 28 injured at least three of them had to be life-flighted out.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 97
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 46
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33