Troy boy siebel

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iffin there wasn't a story full of if's, then there would be no argueing iffin it was a story at all?? But what if??????
There's lots of what ifs. Knowing how entitled large groups of youth sports people are my vote would go to the drunk but both are in the wrong imo

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would show your kids violence is the way and that they are 100% correct all the time. You know I think alot of what we see now days is a result of that type of parenting.

From a parenting standpoint I would of told my kid to quit throwing the ball into the hot tub area period and he would of been shown to the door if and up to the room if he did it again.
A somewhat unofficial motto of the U.S. Marines goes along the lines of "violence, when properly employed...works 100% of the time".

So, yes. Some a-hole telling a 7 yr old that they are going to get raped will result in violence from me. WTF is wrong with you?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://www.inforum.com/news/north-...al-accused-of-threatening-child-at-hotel-pool

^^^the story - not sure if paywalled or not but I read it and I'm not a subscriber

guy, I wonder if you may have signed up for a automatically renewing subscription at some point in time?

1678496100787.png

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used my secret interweb skills and got the article:

Former North Dakota official accused of threatening child at hotel pool​

Mandan police responded to a hotel pool on Feb. 18 after receiving reports that a man was "making threatening, rude and sexual comments towards children," according to court documents.​

Troy-Seibel.jpg

Former North Dakota Deputy Attorney General Troy Seibel.

By Jeremy Turley
March 08, 2023 11:23 AM
News reporting

BISMARCK — Former North Dakota Deputy Attorney General Troy Seibel allegedly "caused alarm and annoyance" to patrons at a Mandan hotel pool after directing threatening remarks toward a child, according to court documents.
A Morton County judge issued a warrant last month for Seibel's arrest on a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct. He is set to make his initial appearance in court on Tuesday, March 21.
Mandan police responded to a hotel pool on Feb. 18 after receiving reports that a man was "making threatening, rude and sexual comments towards children," according to court documents.
Seibel, 46, told police that a child threw a football into the hot tub where he was sitting, court documents said. A child asked Seibel what would happen if the ball hit him and Seibel allegedly told the child that if the ball hit him, he would "shove it up your ass," according to court documents.
Witnesses told police Seibel was telling children, ages 6 or 7, he was going to throw them in a pool and "shove a football up (their) ass," according to court documents.

Hotel staff tried to remove Seibel from the hot tub, but he refused until police arrived, court documents said. An allegedly intoxicated Seibel repeatedly refused to reveal his identity to a police officer until he was put in the back of a patrol car, court documents said.

The disorderly conduct charge is not the end of Seibel's recent legal troubles.
In December, Seibel was charged with driving under the influence of alcohol at more than twice the legal limit. He pleaded not guilty to the charge, and a trial is scheduled for May.
Seibel did not respond to a request for comment on the charges. No defense attorneys are listed for Seibel in court filings.
Before Seibel was deputy attorney general, he served as North Dakota's labor commissioner under Gov. Jack Dalrymple.
Former Attorney General Wayne Stenehjem appointed Seibel as his chief deputy in December 2016. Drew Wrigley, who took over the attorney general's office last year after Stenehjem died, replaced Seibel with former Legislative Council attorney Claire Ness.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
BTW, I needed this thread. Thanks guys.
guy, I wonder if you may have signed up for a automatically renewing subscription at some point in time?

1678496100787.png
unlikely

I get blocked on almost every local news article

But access via Tweets works virtually every time

I’ve never paid an online news subscription

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes ^^^ scrolled all the way down.

I suspect the alphabet letter folks asked local news to grant me access to further poke me with their proverbial stick.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member

A somewhat unofficial motto of the U.S. Marines goes along the lines of "violence, when properly employed...works 100% of the time".

So, yes. Some a-hole telling a 7 yr old that they are going to get raped will result in violence from me. WTF is wrong with you?
you know GD well what went on here allen--- this is the why teachers are getting out of schooling.

I am glad i am on the way out of this world. Nobody has any respect anymore nor are they responsible.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't know what really went on here but I can guess after spending a recent Saturday at my Grandsons birthday party at a Bismarck motel poolside, I witnessed on several occasions three young men about 10 to 12 years old being complete assholes in the pool area, apparently the parents didnt care, several other adults told the boys to behave and nothing, finally my moody, pregnant daughter in law had enough, ( she deals with mentally challenged children on a regular basis had a discussion on their behavior). This stopped their actions. The parents were still no where in sight or action. In this case I would probably have done the same thing

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't know what really went on here but I can guess after spending a recent Saturday at my Grandsons birthday party at a Bismarck motel poolside, I witnessed on several occasions three young men about 10 to 12 years old being complete assholes in the pool area, apparently the parents didnt care, several other adults told the boys to behave and nothing, finally my moody, pregnant daughter in law had enough, ( she deals with mentally challenged children on a regular basis had a discussion on their behavior). This stopped their actions. The parents were still no where in sight or action. In this case I would probably have done the same thing

Difference here is we don't have any statement or evidence that this is how things unfolded, only speculation. All we know is that at one point in time a football, I'll assume it's a non-threatening nerf-style ball since we don't let kids take actual leather footballs into a pool very often, ended up in the hot tub.

And the adult in the tub didn't say "hey boys, can you take it down a notch?". I will again assume that he basically said what has been reported since there were a few witnesses, and he must have been a dick as well to the hotel staff and police to end up in the cop car.

I don't appreciate kids being disrespectful towards adults, but at the end of the day his talking shit to the kids makes him the bad actor...screw him.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Difference here is we don't have any statement or evidence that this is how things unfolded, only speculation. All we know is that at one point in time a football, I'll assume it's a non-threatening nerf-style ball since we don't let kids take actual leather footballs into a pool very often, ended up in the hot tub.

And the adult in the tub didn't say "hey boys, can you take it down a notch?". I will again assume that he basically said what has been reported since there were a few witnesses, and he must have been a dick as well to the hotel staff and police to end up in the cop car.

I don't appreciate kids being disrespectful towards adults, but at the end of the day his talking shit to the kids makes him the bad actor...screw him.
Now we agree. Accept a water logged nerf is a weapon of some sort. I take back my parent comments.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
the "shove it up your ass" was actually what he himself told police he said to the young man.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11