UND Hockey

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where did all the hockey fans go ? Sounds like Dean Blais and his crew have their hands full tonight . 5-0 UND in the 1st period. I'm listening on the radio but my bride just told me tomorrow nights game is on TV.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
She's a beat down tonight. 9-1 now with 6 min left in 3rd. Jost with a goal and assist, he's playing his 4th game in 5 days after world jrs.

BUCK83

Founding Member
Founding Member
Traditionally a 2nd half of the season team under Hakstol. While i'm not so sure this squad has what it takes to repeat, if Johnson gets hot and with Boeser back in the line-up you never know. A sweep tonight would be huge in the standings and hopefully set the tone for a great finish this year. I'm excited to see how this shakes out!! GO SIOUX!!!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The one thing about this season is that there hasn't been a dominant team in the country. I'm surprised that BU who had 7 players in the World Jrs tournament, isn't better than they are. I think any team that makes the NCAA playoffs will have a shot at winning it this year. Once you get to the NCAA playoffs, a hot goaltender can take you a long way. Remember when the Frattin team played Michigan? Still pissed about that game....but glad Duluth beat them for the title.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watched it though the computer at my brothers place. They dominated every part of that game. It's nice to have jost back from world juniors and boeser back from injury. They looked good. I have no doubts that tonight's game will be completely different. I'm sure blais will have his guys ready to go after that performance. UND better be ready for a much more competitive game. Go Sioux!

ndwalleyes, I remember that Michigan game well. I was there and getting pissed that UND couldn't figure out how to leave their zone through the middle of the ice since Michigan was just sitting on the boards in the neutral zone and contesting every pass. UND deserved to lose that game since they couldn't figure out how to get the puck in michigans zone. Also, yes their goalies was a brick wall until they played Duluth.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you watched the post game interview of Blais, I get the impression that he has lost some of his passion. He was always a pretty fiery guy and I didn't see any of that. Kind of sad to see actually. People are starting to talk that this may be the end for him. Would love to see Gowzdeky get back into college hockey some day, can't believe he is coaching high school hockey.

- - - Updated - - -

Marbleyes, Michigan played trap defense the whole game. It was the only chance they had to shut the Frattin team's offense down in.... addition to having a hot goalie. Red Berenson took a chance and it paid off.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you watched the post game interview of Blais, I get the impression that he has lost some of his passion. He was always a pretty fiery guy and I didn't see any of that. Kind of sad to see actually. People are starting to talk that this may be the end for him. Would love to see Gowzdeky get back into college hockey some day, can't believe he is coaching high school hockey.

- - - Updated - - -

Marbleyes, Michigan played trap defense the whole game. It was the only chance they had to shut the Frattin team's offense down in.... addition to having a hot goalie. Red Berenson took a chance and it paid off.

I didn't see the blais interview but watching his teams the last few years, they haven't played like blais coached teams.
I couldn't think of the word "trap" defense for some reason (going to blame that on being sick) but yes that's exactly what they did and UND didn't make changes during the game to beat the trap and I believe it was Hunwick who was michigans goalie who was unbeatable that game.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just checked the listings and no Sioux game scheduled , Wife said they advertised it a couple of times last week on WDAY/WDAZ ,Bummer .

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Direct TV and I think it's channel 38 that we get Fargo News at 9:00 pm but I checked and it's carried on a Minot station, Pretty sure we are screwed . Guess I should pony up and subscribe to watch it online again.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Radio broadcast on UND insider , Sounds like a good game but it doesn't look good.

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
7-3 final tonight. Couldn't find it on radio or tv so watched the NFL.... boring!!!

We scored 16 goals for the weekend. How many empty netters tonight? heard Blais pulled his goalie with 10 minutes to go in the game according to something on facebook.

Go Sioux

dukgnfsn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blais pulled the goalie with 10 left because they were on power play and gave them 6 on 4 while down 3 on scoreboard. I think that is where UND scored its second shortie, UND had 2 short handed goals tonight and I don"t believe any empty netters. Fairly solid game overall but neeeeeed to stay out of penalty box. Pretty good weekend in opponents barn. Could be interesting second half season, buckle up and enjoy the ride. dukgnfsn

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you sign up for an account on UND Insider (free) You can listen to games online.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can download the iHeartRadio app on your phone or on the online site. Search 96.1 the fox in grand forks and you can listen to the game anywhere.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 88
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 31