UTV Tires

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Rhino needs some new rubber, need some suggestions on what works in our area. Looking for a radial and am leaning towards itp mud lite xtr, maxis bighorn 2.0, or Sedona ripsaw r/t. Would like a good all around that works good in snow and on trails. I mainly use it for ice fishing and taking the kids for a ride.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am running the BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2 30x9.50x15 on our 17 Polaris General and it is excellent on roads and trails. Doesn't have the whine that one gets with so many 4 wheeler tires.
Here is where we ordered ours and shipped right to our door:
https://fargo.craigslist.org/snd/d/new-utv-rims-with-bfgoodrich/6626215775.html

Thought i read someplace where BF Goodrich came out with another mud tire too.

Sluggin_Guts

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Can Am came with Bighorn 2.0 tires. They seem to hook up pretty well in mud and snow and I thought they wore fairly well. My only complaint with them was they were too soft of a tire for use around the farm. I ended up with 3 flats from crop stubble poking through and puncturing the tire. I'm going to need new tires before too long and I definitely want something heavier duty and I'm open to suggestions.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The RIP saws are 8ply and have a much tougher sidewall and deeper lug. The mud lite xtr is a directional tire but 6 ply.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have six ply Bighorn Max is. The original tires on my Polaris were gone in months. The Bighorns are ------ I put them on in 2008. I will say I don't put that many miles on in a year, but they wear well
Good in snow, but they don't shed mud unless you really stomp on the excellerator.

Kentucky Windage

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have six ply Bighorn Max is. The original tires on my Polaris were gone in months. The Bighorns are ------ I put them on in 2008. I will say I don't put that many miles on in a year, but they wear well
Good in snow, but they don't shed mud unless you really stomp on the excellerator.

GST slash the originals?

hardwaterdriller

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Mud kites on my atv, works great in snow, but a little too aggressive for yards and pavement. I put on Sedona Rip-Saw on the UTV and been really happy with them. They seem to be wearing well and seem pretty tough.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you run chains with the ripsaws? Do they slide around a lot in the snow or stay planted and hook up?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 58
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33