Walk-in cooler?

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been thinking of making a walk-in cooler and I actually have everything I need to build one except for the cooling unit. When cleaning out my dad's garage I came across two window AC units, one fairly new. Been researching on how to use this to cool the walk-in and I came across a device called a "CoolBot" that allows (or forces) the AC to cool down to 36 degrees but it is $300.00 and I'm cheap!

Anyone have the knowledge on how to get the AC to cool that low without buying a device like the CoolBot or has made a walk-in on a budget? TIA!

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey,

Thanks I have seen the bottom one, but either she is not good at explaining or I'm not good at listening (I'm visual) but that one didn't really do much for me, I'll listen to the other one though. I did find one last night too using a digital display unit, STC-1000?

I think I am really to bored right now, keep having these random build ideas pop into my head?

y work
Trapper, I've never done this but I have used a window AC unit and a tarp in my garage to cool down deer shot in warm weather and that worked excellent. I found a couple vids on youtube from people who have done what you want to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zd0-0ZeZLmo

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 105
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37